113.

This chapter is dedicated to MR_Undercover, thank you for all of your comments and votes! Most of your comments make me laugh because there funny, thank you so much!

-Heather's P.O.V

I knocked on the white door softly before pushing it open, seeing my mother's sleeping figure on the small bed. I shut the door behind me before I pulled up a chair next to the bed and heart monitor, taking a seat. I let out a sigh as I held onto her hand, knawing on my bottom lip. It's been a month and things were different, kind of.

Niall finally agreed that he'd do therapy and he's been doing better, but still has a temper. We've gone to all the appointments together besides today, I told him that it's best if I see my mother. I've moved into my uncles house and the old house is now up for sale, which breaks my heart from all the memories there that I could remember. I had gotten the brown box from the attic that Elizabeth had told me to get, but I haven't opened it.

My father and I, our relationship has gone down hill. I'm not sure it's because my mother has cancer and it's just now hitting him that she getting weaker each day, but I believe that she will fight it. Or, he just likes to fight with his family. Ami and I have been a bit social, not so much. Her baby bump is showing, and happy to say, I can't wait to be an aunt.

Luke, I haven't seen him. I haven't heard anything from or about him, I was actually a bit worried that something was wrong but according to my father he is now working. Which, is a bit surprising. Let's hope he's not an assassian.

"Excuse me sweetheart, are you alright?" I shook my head and looked up at the doctor, Kathy, who was taking care of my mother. I cleared my throat and nodded, noticing my mother was awake.

"Hi mom." I whispered, smiling at her. She smiled weakly at me, and I could feel my heart shatter.

"I have bad news." Kathy sighed, giving me an apologetic smile. I gave my mom's hand a light squeeze, getting one back in response. "Ashley, I don't know how to say this." I could see Kathy's eyes water, and I knew this wasn't going to be good.

"Just say it." My mother told her softly, reaching for her hand. Kathy let out a deep breath.

"You don't have much longer to live, the cancer is spreading quickly." I looked at my mother, seeing a small smile on her face, her eyes watering. I looked back at the nurse, standing to my feet.

"That can't be right," I whispered. "This is a joke, she isn't going to die." I told her, Kathy flickered her eyes between my mother and I.

"I'm very sorry, I wish I could do something." She apologized, wiping a tear that had fallen down her cheek. I sat back down.

"How long does she have?" I asked, immediately regretting it.

"Less than a week." I clamped my hand over my mouth, closing my eyes. And in this moment, I wish this was just a dream. I don't what to do with myself, I feel empty. I feel alone. When I heard the door shut quietly, I knew Kathy was gone.

"You promised me." I told my mother, looking up at her. I stood to my feet, clenching my fist. "You promised me!" I cried out, her eyes widened by my sudden actions.

"Heather honey-" I cut her off.

"No! You fucking promised that you wouldn't go! You said you wouldn't leave!" I screamed, sobbing. The door was pushed open and nurses rushing inside, gripping my arms. I thrashed in their grip, screaming. "You promised me!" The door was slammed shut as I started getting dragged down the hallway, Kathy walking next to one of the nurses with tears streaming down her face.

I fixed my jumper once I was in the waiting room, patients staring at me as if I was a murderer. I wiped my nose with the sleeve of my jumper, ignoring Kathy's presence.