66.

-Heather's P.O.V

"Wake up mommy!" The bed was shaking uncontrollably making my eyes snap open, when I realized it was Maddie holding a gift bag in her hand. "Happy birthday!" She yelled falling onto me as she hugged me tightly, I smiled wrapping my arms around her when I remember that I was turning eighteen today.

Wow, do I feel old.

"I got you a gift!" She sat on my stomach as she shoved the bag in my face. I pulled out the colorful tissue paper seeing a bracelet that had colorful beads on it with a paper card.

"Thank you Maddie, I love it." She smiled jumping off the bed not saying anything else. I placed the bag on the nightstand before standing up and stretching, hearing my back crack. I slipped on my bunny slippers before going down the stairs, smelling pancakes.

"Happy birthday!" Ami and Paul wrapped their arms around me tightly making sure to squish me as I laughed.

"Thanks guys, but I think you're going to break me." I breathed out, they let go of me smiling.

"Later, you will get Paul and I's gift." I nodded as she wrapped her arms around him, they were getting married in two weeks and I was graduating in one. I was really excited, I won't have to go to that school anymore.

"Happy birthday sweeatheart." My dad pulled me into his side as he kissed my temple handing me a light pink envelope. My father and I are on better terms than we were last month, he's put more effort into our family stuff and has made me hatred disappear.

"Thanks dad, where's mom?" I questioned raising an eyebrow as I sat at the table nearly drooling over the plate of french toast that sat in front of me on the table.

"She ran to the store to get some decorations and pick up your grandmother, their all upset that you're eighteen already." He sighed leaning against the counter, I smiled taking a large bite out of my food. "But you'll always be daddys little princess." He smiled brightly at me showing his perfect white teeth, when I heard a car in the driveway.

"Where's that birthday girl?" My mother called through the house, walking in the kitchen with six bags and a handful of balloons with my grandma behind her. "Happy birthday honey, I love you." She wrapped her arms around me tightly as she planted a kiss onto my cheek, feeling her lipstick smear against my cheek.

"Mom." I groaned loudly as she laughed, wiping the make up off my cheek.

"Luke said he will be over later, he's out with his girlfriend for a bit." I nodded taking a drink from the jug of milk, earning a glare and smack in the head by my mom. Luke and I haven't been talking much ever since the night of the carnival, I stayed with Hanna for one night then came back and have been with Maddie, since she is my daughter and I have to take care of her.

"That's fine." I told her, my grandma sat next to me smiling as she slid over a card to me hearing my mom click her tongue.

"Uh uh, don't open those cards until later. You get all of your gifts later on when everyone is here for the party." I groaned in annoyance as I threw my head back, I hated birthday parties. "Don't do that, it'll be fun. Everyone will be swimming anyways." She shrugged placing my cards on top of the fridge as I glared at her hearing my grandma laugh quietly.

Ami walked in the kitchen with a smirk on her face with a large brown box in her hand, "mail man just dropped this off. It's for you, Heather." She handed me the box as I furrowed my eyebrows together, it didn't say anything on it. Just a plain brown box.

"Go get dressed people will be here soon." My mom demanded, I sighed standing up with the box still in my hands hearing my mom throw demands around to everyone. I closed the door in my room before sitting on the box, ripping the tape of the flaps of the box. There was a pair of light pink heels with a dress. It was a dark shade of pink at the top with glitter, as the bottom was a light pink with a large bow on the back. It was beautiful. There was a bright green sticky note at the bottom of the box, I grabbed it reading the neat writing.