5.

-Heather's P.O.V

"Heather is jealous of Macy." Lola cooed to Dylan, I groaned in annoyance throwing a grape at her as Dylan laughed. But I could see the disappointment in his eyes, making me frown slightly. "She got some from Niall Horan." She was laughing uncontrollably while I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, feeling Dylan's eyes on me.

"Shut up Lola." He spoke with seriousness, Lola's laughter died down as she gave Dylan a dirty look while I played with my food. "So, are you guys going to that party tonight? Jake's parents are going out of town, we were invited." He shrugged, taking a large bite out of his pasta as he stared at me. I placed my hands onto the table pushing myself up when they looked at me, confused.

"I'll be in the bathroom." I walked away from the table past the others as they laughed loudly over stupid jokes that weren't actually funny. I made my way down the hallway, the only sound was my shoes hitting against the floor. I let out a loud gasp when I was harshly shoved against the lockers, feeling my stomach drop.

"Just who I was looking for." Macy hissed, gripping my shoulders into her hands as her fake nails stabbed into my skin, making me hiss in pain.

"What do you want?" I whispered, she laughed loudly as she tightened her grip, my eyes squeezed shut.

"Don't play stupid, Heather. Trying to take my Niall away from me, what makes you think you can do that?" She spat, I was now turned around my back against the lockers feeling pain shoot up my spin. "You're a stupid little girl for doing that Heather, and I swear. I will make your life a living hell for you." She smirked, lifting her leg kneeing me in the stomach. I clutched my stomach groaning as I bent over, feeling nauseous. "Goodbye, Heather."

Her heels clicked down the hallway while she laughed loudly, I stood up feeling salty tears slid into my mouth. I grabbed the keys from my pocket before rushing out of the school ignoring the pain in my stomach. I cursed to myself when I realized that I didn't drive to school, damn you Niall. I let out a loud sigh, looks like I'm walking home.

I was thankful that my mom wasn't home to yell at me for leaving school early with 'no good reason,' as she always says. I unlocked the front door stepping inside and closing the door behind me, grabbing my phone from my back pocket sending Lola a quick text.

To: Lola

Hey went home sick, drop my bag off after school please.

I locked my phone making my way up the stairs quietly, not wanting to disturb Elizabeth with whatever she was possibly doing in her bedroom. I threw my phone onto my bed before making my way into the bathroom, I closed the door making sure to lock it. I rolled my sleeves up before I dug through the drawers when I noticed something shiny in the corner. My razor. I gripped it in my right hand as I sat down on the closed toilet seat, staring at the blade. Don't do it, Heather. I ignored the voice in my head as I put the blade against my tan skin, slowly putting pressure on it before I slid it across my wrist. I watched as the red liquid peeked out from my skin, slowly dripping onto the white tiled floor. After creating five new scars, I didn't feel pain. I felt emptiness, I felt lonely. I smiled as new scars danced on my skin, while sobs started to escape my lips. Why me? Why was it always me?

I stood up from the toilet seat washing the blade and my wrist, wincing slightly as the cold water cleaned out the cuts. I shut off the faucet grabbing a towel and drying my wrist, making sure that they stopped bleeding. I threw the towel into the hamper making my way into my bedroom, plopping down onto the bed, feeling myself drift into sleep.

---

"Heather, baby wake up." A masculine voice spoke in my ear, I groaned rolling around hearing him chuckle. Wait.. my eyes snapped open meeting bright blue orbs staring down at me, I sat up quickly pushing my back up against the headboard, seeing him smirk.