111.

'You're like a drug that's killing me.'

-Heather's P.O.V

"The dinner was wonderful." I smiled at Maura, who let out a small laugh while wiping her face. The dinner wasn't too bad, it was a bit awkward. Maura and Greg had tried making short talk, asking questions towards Niall and I but we just stayed silent. I think they both knew something was up.

"Mommy I'm all done." Maddie cheered, wiping the sauce off her face. I nodded and handed her the glass of water, her small hands grabbing onto it. I let out a sigh, looking over at Niall who was playing with the food on his plate, making me frown.

Niall never acts like this, he'd usually be on his third plate of food by now.

"Are you ready?" He questioned quietly, clearing his throat. I looked over at him and nodded, standing up.

"Thank you, this was very nice of you." Maura waved me off.

"No problem sweetheart, tell everyone I said hello." I nodded and lifted up Maddie, who was holding onto her stomach, a frown on her face. She rested her head on my shoulder while Niall walked next to us, his hand placed onto my lower back.

It had dropped a few degrees outside making goosebumps rise onto my skin, my hair blowing back. I unlocked the car, putting a tired Maddie into the backseat. I shut the door once I got her buckled in, looking at Niall who was staring at me.

"I guess I'll see you soon." I told him awkwardly, not knowing what else to say, he shook his head reaching into his pocket.

"Here," he handed me his house key. I looked up at him, eyebrow raised. He sighed, "we really need to talk. I can't go any longer without you being disappointed in me, just please. I'll meet you at my flat, please." He begged, biting his lip. I flickered back and forth between his pleading eyes, I sighed loudly.

"Sure." I muttered, he let out a sigh of relief making me look up at him, a small smile painted on his lips. "But, if I want to leave, you will let me. Understand?" I warned, pointing my index finger at him. His adams apple bobbed when he swallowed, giving me a sharp nod.

"Yes ma'am."

I put the key into the lock before pushing the door open, shutting the door quietly behind me. I turned on the lamp in Niall's dark flat, the house surprisingly clean. I made my way down the hallway, stepping inside the guest room. I put Maddie under the blankets after taking her shoes off, her mouth open slightly. I smiled at the sight and kissed her on the forehead before leaving the room, shutting the door halfway.

I stepped inside his room, turning the light on. Clothes were scattered all around the floor and his bed was a mess, no shocker. I sighed and decided to pick up the dirty clothes off the floor, since I was extremely bored. Just as I was about to make the bed, two objects were placed on the pillow. I sat down and reached for the picture frames, looking at each.

It was younger Niall with his brown hair, a taller man next to his side. Niall was in his soccer uniform, the older man bent down with Niall leaning against his knee. It must be his father. I reached for the other picture, feeling my heart beat faster.

It was from the night at the safe house when he took me on the boat, I didn't know the picture was being taken. We were both dancing with our arms around each other, smiling. His blue eyes were sparkling beneath the bright moon, his smile wide.

"Heather?" I jumped when I heard his quiet voice from the living room, putting the pictures back quickly. I shut off the light and rushed into the living room, seeing him look around.

"Hey." He turned around and smiled at me, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I guess we can talk in the living room?" He nodded and we sat across from each other, just staring.

"Well, where should I start." He rubbed the back of his neck, staring down at the ground. "I guess I should tell you about the drugs?" I nodded slowly.

"Yeah." I whispered, he let out a nervous laugh, sighing loudly.

"I don't know, I was just so stressed. It's been so long since I've done it and I just craved for it, I, I just don't know." He blabbered, I stared at him.

"Niall, you need help." I told him softly, his head snapping up at me. "This is bad, it's bad for our relationship. It's bad for you." I leaned forward, my elbows resting on my knees. "Just get the help you need, then maybe things can go back to normal. We can be happy." I told him quietly, picking around my nail.

"No." He told me, "I don't want help- I don't' need it." He ran his hands through his hair, tugging on it. He looked at me with his baby blue eyes, but he wanted the help. I could see it.

"You're scared." I told him, "you're scared that I'll leave you and find someone better. I can see it." He only stared at me, lips parted slightly. "I won't leave, I'm here to help." He shook his head.

"Everyone says that, my father said he'd be there for me. Max said he'd be there for me-" he paused, locking eyes with me. "Olivia promised." I stood up and walked around the table, sitting next to him.

"Listen to me, okay?" I told him, keeping my voice calm. "I am not Olivia, I am not your father, I am not Max. I am your girlfriend, and let me tell you something. I may be hard to put up with, but I am the girl that'll put up a fight for you and I'll keep fighting until I win. I may be stubborn, but I'm the girl who wouldn't give up on you no matter how bad the situation is. You're crazy, absolutely crazy, but I will stand up for you and have your back through thick and thin. I may be harsh at points and seem like I don't care, but I love you more than any other girl could. I may be hard to understand, but I'm the girl that will try to help you understand why I love you so much and why you need this help." By now he was crying and holding onto my hands for dear life, "I love you Niall, and that's why you're getting the help you need." I whispered, squeezing his hands.

"Just promise you'll be by my side and go to all my appointments with me?" He whispered, I nodded while wiping away his tears that kept falling.

"Yes, we're getting through this together, okay?" He nodded before burying his face into my neck and holding me tightly against him. I inhaled his scent, letting out a sigh of relief. "But Niall," I ran my fingers through my hair. "One more thing." I pulled back, swallowing hard.

"What is it? I'll do anything." He spoke quickly.

"Where is it?" I questioned quietly, he frowned at me.

"Where's what?" I pursed my lips.

"The needle, don't think I didn't see your arm." His face paled, my hand held out. "Give me the needle Niall, now." I demanded, he hesitated before reaching into the drawer that was in the table, pulling out a needle. He hesitated before placing it in my hand, sighing loudly. I searched around my neck, before pushing it in.

"What the hell are you doing?" He exclaimed, staring at me with wide eyes. I pulled the needle out, staring at him.

"I knew you were drugging me, why?" I whispered, "why would you do it?" He chewed on his bottom lip, staring down at his hands.

"I don't know." He whispered, I scoffed.

"Would you fucking look at me and tell me why the hell you'd do that?" I raised my voice, he looked up at me, anger flashing through his eyes.

"Because, I wanted you to feel what the fuck I went through." He stood up, "I want you to know what the fuck it's like to be drugged up and feeling weak!" I stood up and shoved him back.

"I was drugged when I was kidnapped, asshole." I snarled, "how could you? I have all these drugs in my system because you want someone else to feel your pity!" I yelled, and I knew that Maddie was awake. "I can't believe you." I laughed, shaking my head. "I'm leaving." I heard him mumble no before he grabbed my arm, making me turn around.

"Don't go, please don't go." He sobbed, shaking his head. "Do not leave, you can't." I looked at him.

"And why can't I?" I questioned softly, "why can't I?" He sniffled.

"Because you're sad, you're mad and you can't sleep when your like that. You can stay here tonight, I won't let you leave. We're going to work this out, I love you baby and you're not going anywhere, I'm not going anywhere." He whispered, caressing my cheeks with his rough finger tips, his forehead resting against mine, feeling the tears drop onto my skin.

And at this point, I didn't know what to do.