99.

-Heather's P.O.V

"Goodnight Maddie," I whispered before shutting her bedroom door quietly, walking down towards my room afterwards. I turned on the bedroom light before changing out of my shorts and shirt, replacing it with the pair of shorts and tank top Niall had boughten me. I slipped on my bunny slippers and grabbed my laptop before turning off the light and going down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen grabbing my vibrating phone off the table, my fathers picture flashing across the screen.

"Dad? How is mom? I she okay?" I questioned frantically while walking into the living room, sitting down on the couch.

"I'm not sure yet, we've been waiting in the waiting room. Haven't heard anything."

"God knows how many hours and you haven't heard anything?"

"I know honey, I can't do anything about it."

"It's nice to know that you just thought about me now."

"Heather."

"What? Just being honest."

"Your sarcasm isn't needed." By the tone of his voice I knew he wasn't in the mood, I huffed opening my laptop waiting for it to load. "What are you guys doing? Are you alright? I know you aren't suppose to be driving."

"Perfectly fine, thanks for asking."

"Since you seem to be in a bad mood, I'm going to hang up now. Love you honey."

"Love you too, dad."

"Oh, and we won't be back tonight, I'm sorry."

"It's whatever, bye." I hung up the phone, sighing loudly before getting comfortable on the couch, waiting for my Netflix to load. I clicked on Gossip Girl, reaching for the thin blanket next to me. I curled into a small ball, watching my TV shows alone.

---

I woke up to the sound of thunder, my body jumping from the sudden noise. It was down pouring and freezing inside the house, the brightness of my computer that sat in front of my face was burning my eye, I reached forward and slamming it shut. Letting out a loud sigh, I rolled around on the couch, burying my face into the rough feeling pillow hoping to fall back asleep.

Just as I was about to go back to bed, a loud thud from upstairs made my body freeze. The tree branches were hitting the windows and it was very dark, besides the street lights that had a little light peeking through the closed blinds, but that was no tree branch. I was hoping that it was possibly Maddie screwing around or dropping one of her toys, but when I heard the floor creak and footsteps, I knew I was wrong.

It wasn't my father or Ami, they were still at the hospital. I glanced at the clock seeing it was 2:45, who would be here this late? And right about now, I just wanted to grab my phone and call Niall, but he's probably sleeping or partying with the guys. I pulled the thin blanket over my head, my body shaking when I heard the stairs creak, I should of never watched those scary movies.

When I no longer heard the creaking of the stairs, I creeped my hand out from the blanket, slowly reaching towards my phone. But that's when I saw it, the figure standing in front of my door. I didn't know who it was, boy or girl, but a hat was covering their head. So, it possibly could be a man. I snatched my hand back, suddenly freezing. The stranger stood there for a moment, before their heavy steps were heard once more, and they were coming closer. This was it, I was going to die. Holy shit I'm going to die. The stranger stopped in front of me, leaning down and grabbing my laptop before placing it on the table.

But that's when I smelt it, that familiar smell. Cigarettes, beer and his cologne.

"Baby," I let out a gasp, shoving the blanket off me and sitting up. I was pissed, how dare he walk into my house when I'm mad at him, and doesn't bother answering my calls? And scare the living piss out of me?