11.

-Heather's P.O.V

"Oh, uh hey mom." I laughed nervously as I played with the end of my braid. She placed her hands onto her hips, putting her weight onto the right of her foot.

"Heather, it's ten thirty. Where were you?" She demanded, I sighed. When can I start getting treated like a seventeen year old?

"Mom I'm seventeen, I'm not a baby." I spoke, she raised her eyebrows at me.

"When you're living under this roof, you will still need to be in by curfew. Not kissing guys outside of the house." I immediately felt my cheeks heat up, she was watching Niall and I outside the whole time. Awkward.

"Care to explain who he was? You seemed a little aggravated out there." She smirked, I groaned covering my face with my hands.

"He's just someone that goes to my school, we went on a little date." I shrugged it off as if it was nothing, but it was more than that.

"Come on, you can tell your mama. Come sit down." She sat down at the table, patting the spot next to her. I gave her a small smile, taking the seat next to her. "Tell me all about him."

"Well," I started off, "He has the most gorgeous blue eyes, they remind me of the ocean. Oh, and his name is Niall Horan, he's Irish by the way." She smiled, nodding for me to continue.

"He drives me crazy, he never leaves me alone in school. He has this annoying smirk that he wears whenever he sees me, I absolutely hate it. People say he's bad and dangerous, but I don't see it. He's a popular, all the girls drool over him. Besides me. Most people say he doesn't have a soft side, but tonight I found out that he did. We were arguing in the parking lot, and he just randomly kissed me. I was so angry that I wanted to punch him, do anything. But, I didn't. I gave him a chance to prove himself to me, that he was different." My mother smiled at me, grasping my hands into hers.

"He reminds me of your daddy," she whispered. I knew my mom never enjoyed talking about my father, but I wanted to know about him.

"We met in high school, your father was known to get around. He had bright blue eyes and black hair. He was a handsome man, always has been. We met at a party. My parents never liked him, he was so cocky and full of himself. He took me out on dates, and my they were wonderful. I cried whenever my mother said I wasn't able to see him, I snuck out nearly every night just to see him. Until one night," her eyes were now watering. I gave her hand a light squeeze.

"We made love for the first time, and it was perfect. But he didn't use protection. I was pregnant with my first baby girl, Ami when I was only fifteen. My mother found out, she kicked me out. So I went to your father, John. His parents let me stay with him, and I couldn't have been more thankful." She smiled at me with her glossy green eyes, this was the first time she has ever spoken about my father.

"After I had four of you girls, your father and I were happily married and in love." She smiled, but when I looked in her eyes, I could see she was hiding something.

"Mom?" I asked, she wiped her eyes gently as her eyeliner smeared slightly. "Do you think I did the right thing to give him a chance?" I asked quietly.

"Sweetie, I can't really answer that for you. But remember, everybody has a side to them that no one has seen. And Niall, he might have a good or bad side. No matter what it is, stay by his side and don't ever let him go. He sounds like a keeper, and sounds much like your daddy." I laughed quietly. She stood up placing a kiss onto my forehead, mumbling a goodnight. I sat at the table, staring at the designed table clothe that covered the woodened table.

Her words ran through my mind, and I think I did do the right thing. Giving Niall a chance, I know he has a soft side somewhere. I sighed, standing to my feet making my way up the stairs after turning all the lights off. I stepped inside my room, the smell of smoke filling my senses. I furrowed my eyebrows together, turning the light on. The balcony door was open. My eyes widened, I rushed towards the door closing it quietly, locking it afterwards. Deep breath, nobody is in here. I sat at the end of my bed, placing my hands on my knees. Nobody is in here, everything is locked. No need to worry, Heather.

I pulled the hair tie out of my braid, feeling my hair loosen from the braid. I ran my fingers through it, untangling the braided mess. I dug through my dresser, grabbing a white t-shirt and a pair of black sweats. I pulled off the knitted sweater and leggings along with my bra before pulling on the pajama's. After getting dressed, I went into the bathroom brushing my teeth and getting make up wipes to clean off the eye make up.

I plopped myself into my bed, smiling as I remembered the kiss Niall and I shared. My phone buzzed on the nightstand, making a loud noise. I grabbed my phone seeing two new message, one from Niall and an unknown number.

'From: Niall

Goodnight beautiful. xx'

I smiled, sending him a goodnight message. My smile immediately disappeared when I opened the next message. There was a picture of my mother and I talking at the table, that was taken from the living room.

'From: Unknown

Beautiful life story of mommy and daddy, huh? Guess Niall isn't the only that has been hiding secrets, Heather.

-Your secret admirer.'

I woke up to the sound of silence, not just any kind of silence. Like the type of silence that would happen in a horror movie, with that creepy music in that background. My mom was at work, Elizabeth was sleeping and Maddie was at daycare.

I pushed the duvet off me, goose bumps suddenly covering my body. I quietly made my way towards the door, opening it as quietly as I could. I walked down the stairs, hearing them creak on every step I took, my heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest.

As soon as I made it down to the end of the steps, I looked back in forth from the kitchen and living room. I jumped when I heard a chuckle from the living room couch, making my eyes widened.

"Don't keep your doors unlocked, never know what kind of stranger would enter the house."