108.

-Heather's P.O.V

Waking up the next morning wasn't a struggle for me, which was surprising. I stretched while letting out a loud yawn something vibrating next to me. I picked up my phone, my body freezing

Niall<3

Should I answer? Or do I just let it ring? I bit my lip when it rang once more, hesitating before I hit the green button. I could hear his heavy breathing through the phone.

"Heather, baby." His voice was scratchy and rough, I knew he's been crying. I stayed quiet, wondering if I should hang up. "Please, you don't have to talk. But, just listen." He begged, I cleared my throat, letting him know that I was listening. "I'm sorry, I am so sorry. I know I say this all the time," he sniffled. "But I am so, so sorry." I could hear him whimpering quietly through the phone, making my heart break.

I didn't know what to say.

"Please come over, we can talk about this. I have a lot of explaining, just please, don't leave me." He was sobbing, and I nearly felt as if I was going to. I let out a deep breath.

"I'm busy, I can't." He was quiet, too quiet. I swallowed hard, playing with blanket. The phone was dead silent.

He hung up.

I locked my phone and tossed it next to me, sighing loudly. I stood to my feet, running my hands through my knotted hair, deciding that I needed to shower. I shut and locked the door behind me before stripping down, taking a warm shower.

Once I was dressed in a pair of jean shorts and tank top with my white gladiators, I was ready. I grabbed my purse and phone, going down stairs. Maddie was on the couch with Adam, watching telly.

"Maddie want to go see grandma?" She looked over at me and nodded, her pig tails bouncing. Adam looked at me.

"How you getting there?" He questioned, I smiled at him.

"Well actually, Maddie and I were going to go walk to the house, get my car and go see grandma." He smiled, chuckling.

"Drive careful, I mean it." I rolled my eyes and nodded waiting for Maddie to tie her Vans on, grabbing my hand once she was done. It wasn't a long walk, maybe about twenty minutes the longest.

---

"Grandma!" Maddie shouted, rushing towards my mother. I shut the door quietly, my mother hugging Maddie. She looked up at me, smiling. I walked towards the bed slowly, my mother laughing at Maddie.

"Hi honey, how was your night?" I shrugged kissing her on the cheek.

"It was okay," I lied. "Are you ready?" I questioned, she sighed and frowned at me. I sat in the plastic chair, reaching for her hand. "Are you okay?" She looked up at me with sadness.

"I can't honey, I'm too sick. It's spreading throughout my body quicker, your father and the nurse told me they thinks it's best to stay in." I looked down at the ground, sighing. I just wanted to spend one day with her, at least one.

"How bad is it?" I questioned quietly looking up at her, she ran her fingers through Maddie's long hair, not looking at me.

"I don't have much longer left." I could hear her voice crack and I felt angry.

"How long have you known for?! Why wouldn't you tell me in the first place?" I raised my voice, she looked at me with regret and sadness.

"I couldn't bring myself to it, I knew you'd be hurt. I knew you wouldn't react well." I scoffed standing to my feet.

"I'd rather you tell me right then instead of waiting almost a month later." I told her, "I can't believe you right now." I muttered, shaking my head. The door was opened quietly making me look up. Luke, Ami, Paul and my father stood in the door way. I looked back at my mother. "Maddie and I will visit later, I guess." I picked up Maddie after kissing my mother on the cheek, pushing past my father.