74.

-Heather's P.O.V

When we pulled into my driveway, the living room light was still on and my dad was in there watching TV. Niall shut the car off before getting out, as I did the same. I held onto his arm, feeling the same as I did at the fire. Call me clingy, but I'm scared as fuck.

"I'm going to stay at my place tonight, the guys are gonna be over in the morning and we're gonna hang for a bit." I nodded, a bit upset that he didn't want to spend the night with me. But I have been hogging him since he came back from Ireland.

"Okay." My voice came out as a whisper, he lifted my chin with his index finger.

"I love you." He pecked me on the lips, smiling into the kiss.

"I love you, good night." I told him as he pulled away, giving me a large hug. I loved his hugs, they were so warm and just perfect.

"Goodnight princess, I'll text you tomorrow." I nodded as he turned away before I went inside the house, locking the door behind me.

"Heather? Is that you?" I slipped off my boots going into the living room where my father sat with a bottle of scotch, I nodded.

"Yeah, dad you alright?" I asked with an eyebrow raised as I crossed my arms, he sighed patting the spot next to him. My feet patted across the carpet as he flickered the TV off. I sat next to him.

"You know, when I found out you were in the hospital, I felt as if my world was crashing down on me." He looked over at me, his blue eyes blood shot. "The doctors told me you weren't going to make it," his voice cracked as he drank the rest of the scotch.

He reached forward grabbing the bottle pouring more into his glass, I was starting to worry.

"I ended coming back here, packing all of my stuff. Your mother didn't know, until the next day." He stared at the TV as if he was living the day all over again. "She told me you were in a coma and you had major surgery done, I ended up telling her that I could handle the fact that my baby was injured."

"Dad-" He cut me off by waving at me.

"Eight months later when you woke up, I knew I had to come back. I watched over you, not in a creepy way." He laughed, "as if I was sent too. I ended up calling your mother and made arrangements to see each other. When I saw you in that hospital again, I was so glad you weren't dead." He laughed.

"You looked so grown up, like you are now. I remember you when you were just born, you were one chunky baby." I hit him in the arm smiling, "you lost all the baby fat in your cheek and your stomach. Your mother ended up telling me that you had depression, that's why you're so small." I bit my lip playing with my fingers.

"But the point is, when you found out who I was. I knew I had to switch things around, you had an attitude, still do. I would have to do everything I can to make you earn my trust, and it worked I hope." I nodded. "Just, never ever leave a loved one or a family member. Never let Niall go, he's a good guy. I approve." I smiled leaning on his shoulder.

"Dad, seriously what's wrong?" I asked, he breathed deeply.

"It's not my job to tell, just be home more often to spend time with the family. Bring Niall over, I don't mind." He told me rubbing my back, "I should get to bed, I have work in the morning." He sighed loudly placing the bottle on the table, standing up nearly falling.

"Here, I'll help you." I wrapped my arm around his waist as his went around my shoulder, allowing me to help him. He stumbled down the hallway, I prayed that my mother wouldn't walk in the house any time soon. I pushed the bedroom door open, bringing him to the bed.