30.

-Heather's P.O.V

The room had suddenly become silent, the only sound heard was our quiet breathing. I pushed the duvet off me, attempting to get out of the bed only to be held by Niall.

"Heather, answer the question." He demanded calmy, I shook my head wiggling out of out his grip before I went over towards the dresser. I grabbed a white see through blouse with black leggings, that would look cute for job searching. I grabbed a clean bra with panties, about to turn around only to be greeted by a toned chest.

"Heather, don't lie to me." He growled, I could since the anger in his voice. I knew if I told him, I would break. He would think I'm some type of psycho that cuts herself, I don't want that. "You know it's so damn funny-" I cut him off with sob.

"I cut Niall, I cut myself. There, you happy now!" I screamed, tears falling freely down my cheeks. His eyes were wide and his mouth was partly open, no words were spoken. I gripped the clothes tightly in my hand walking past him into the bathroom, I shut the door behind me letting myself cry. The door was pushed open by Niall, who had his arms open.

"Come here baby, it's okay." I wrapped myself in his arms, my tears falling onto his bare chest. This wasn't the reaction I was expecting, but I was glad it was.

"Go shower and we'll talk." He whispered, wiping the tears from my face as I nodded. He kissed my forehead, before I went into the bathroom to take a relaxing shower.

I wrapped the towel around my body, making sure to dry myself before getting dressed. I slipped the dark blue brallette that I had recently gotten from Lola, since she got rid of some clothes. I buttoned up the blouse before fixing the collar, I tossed the towels into the hamper before exiting the bathroom not seeing Niall in the room. I slipped on my Sperry's while I slipped on some bracelets, to cover the scars.

"Morning." Elizabeth greeted as she flipped the pancake in the pan, while Niall munched on some bacon. I gave her a small smile as she leaned against the counter, crossing her arms.

"What are you doing today?" I shrugged opening the fridge grabbing an iced coffee.

"Job searching, that's about it." She nodded, eyeing the pancake from the stove.

"Mom said Ami had good news for us." I scoffed rolling my eyes, as much as I hated Elizabeth I think my hatred for Ami is worse. She's my mothers favorite, she makes it pretty clear to us. Ami moved out I believe two years ago, when she ended up living with her boyfriend Paul. My mom expects us live like her. Get a perfect boyfriend, which I already have. Have a perfect life, and a perfect home. Everything needs to be perfect.

"Don't care, I'll be back later." I mumbled, tossing the full bottle of coffee into the sink before grabbing my mom's keys off the hook. Niall and I exited the house as we got inside the Cadillac Escalade my mom had gotten from my father years ago, so I'm guessing he was rich. I put in the Lana Del Rey CD, before pulling onto the streets.

"Why do you do it?" Niall asked, glancing in my direction.

"I've been bullied since sophomore year, it wasn't easy for me. My mom doesn't care for me, my sister's a drug addict, Lola spends her time with Dylan. It hurts, a lot. Cutting takes the pain away." I whispered, blinking my eyes several times so I wouldn't cry. He reached over grabbing my hand, digging into his pocket when he pulled out a sharpie. He wrote on my wrist, making my eyebrows furrow.

"Never do this again, I will be here for you through everything. Do you hear me?" He spoke, I nodded my eyes flickering down towards my wrist. Niall's name was written on it with a heart next to it, I smiled. Somebody actually cared for once, maybe I could start over.

-Niall's P.O.V

"Be right back," Heather mumbled before exiting the car and entering the ice cream parlor. I sighed leaning back in the seat as Lana Del Rey's voice filled the car, how does she like this girl? I pushed the thought away when I remembered the scars on her wrist. I thought I was going to cry, and that's not normal for me. Niall Horan does not cry over a girl, or in front of one. I don't cry in general. But if you found out your girlfriend cut because she was bullied and no one to care for her, I'm sure you would cry.

My phone buzzed in my pocket making me groan in annoyance when I seen Macy's name flash across the screen.

"What?" I snapped into the phone, wondering why the hell she woud call me.

"Niall baby, that's not the way you talk to me." She spoke into the phone pretending to gasp, bitch please.

"What do you want." I grumbled, I heard her laugh into the phone making me pull it away from my ear. She sounds like a dog and squirrel mixed together.

"I miss you so much, baby. Your touch, your soft tongue inside me.." She moaned into the phone making me disgusted, what the fuck is wrong with her.

"What the hell? I have a girlfriend you horny bitch." I snapped raising my voice, she groaned loudly.

"Niall, what the hell do you see in her? A lonely little girl that has only had one boyfriend, who clearly fucked her brains out several times. Why have her you can have me, you can't say you don't miss me." I don't miss you. Macy and I had nothing between us, we had sex at least every other night. Were not really friends with benefits, more like enemies with benefits. I clenched my jaw when she brought up Clayton.

"He raped her, there's a difference." I hissed, sitting up straighter in the seat staring through the clear windows of the ice cream parlor.

"Now Niall, how much do you really love your prude?" I clenched my fist pratically smelling her smirk through the phone.

"She has a name, she is not a prude." She laughed loudly, making my anger boil.

"You would do anything to keep your loved one safe, right?" What was she trying to say?

"Yeah, I would. Why?" I asked more calmly.

"Well, you would want to protect her from me and the boys. Wouldn't you?" I could hear the shower running in the background making my eyebrows furrow together.

"Be here in twenty mintues, honey. Don't try skipping, I've got my boys watching your every move along with Heather. Tootles, Niall."

-Heather's P.O.V

I thanked the young girl before exiting the parlor, I got the job and I started tomorrow. I don't think I could be more happy. I got into the car causing Niall to face me.

"Did you get it?" He asked raising an eyebrow, I nodded smiling, he pulled me in for a hug.

"That's great, but I need to go home. Boys and I having guys night." I nodded starting up the car pulling out of the parking lot, in silence.

"I'll see you later, love you." Niall told me before smashing his lips onto mine, his hands were placed on my cheek, I smiled resting my hands on his stomach before he pulled away, smiling.

"And I love you." I giggled as he walked away towards his car, I closed the door behind me when Elizabeth handed me my phone.

"Random number texted you," I grabbed my phone from her hands reading the message.

'From: Unknown

You always fell for the ones that fooled you the most.'

I furrowed my eyebrows, what is he talking about? Just as I started texting back, another message appeared on the screen making me freeze.

'From: Unknown

How foolish could you be? Would Niall actually leave that fast to see the boys? Think again, honey.'