31.

-Heather's P.O.V

Do you ever get the strange feeling that you're being watched all the time?

It's like the person is in the same exact room as you, but their really not.

Well, that's how I've been feeling for the past two months of my life. Every day, it's the same situation. Getting unexpected texts, seeing shadows outside on my balcony, it's awful. I know who it is, which is even worse. I haven't seen Niall as much I used to, he's been working all the time and I've been adding more hours. He got a new job the day I started working at the ice cream parlor, he doesn't seem to be happy about the job he had gotten.

My job has been going great, despise the fact that I've been meeting up with Max every Friday of the week giving him the money he wants, leaving me with nothing. Niall hasn't taken notice about me not having any money, and I was glad. He would end up giving me a long lecture, then give me money. I couldn't take his money. He deserves it, I can earn it for myself. That is why I have a job.

"How may I help you today sir?" Riley asked the customer at the counter, I grabbed a gallon of sprinkles since we were all out, suddenly freezing when I heard the familiar voice.

"I'd like a piece of that sweet ass right there." The sprinkles spilled onto the tiled floor around me, my heart beating in my ears.

"Uh, Heather is everything okay?" Riley asked quickly, probably terrified just as much as I was.

"Yeah, I'll take care of the customer." I mumbled as she nodded, I made my way towards the front counter seeing the familiar smirk on Max's face.

"Well don't you just look hot while you're working." I crossed my arms over my chest, giving him a cold stare even though I was terrified.

"What do you want?" I snapped, his smirk turned into a sickening look as he stepped closer gripping my hair that was in a low pony tail pulling my face towards him, the counter blocking him from coming closer.

"Do not talk to me like that, now listen here. I wanted to change up the deal a little, I don't need anymore money." I mentally let out a sigh of relief as he said that, but thats when I noticed his smirk come back.

"We could have more fun than we are now, I want you to be my slave." He whispered gripping my hair with a firmer grip, I whimpered quietly as he pulled my face closer to his.

"N-no," I whispered, he chuckled darkly.

"Say that now Heather, and you will regret it. See you soon honey, got about another month left." With that he shoved me back making me stumble, leaving me in pure shock. His slave, he doesn't want money. He wants a slave. Another month, what was that suppose to mean?

I have no clue.

"Heather, who was that?" Riley asked standing next to me, I shook my head giving her a fake smile.

"No one, just an old friend."

---

I pulled into the black empty driveway, my mom had gone out with Hunter, Elizabeth and Maddie. She couldn't wait for me to get out of work, and I didn't feel the need to call in since my mom can't make time for her daughter. I stepped inside the house, seem dim lights coming from the living room. I didn't bothering eating since I wasn't hungry, I made my way up the stairs to my bedroom. I just wanted to sleep, I really don't remember the last time I've slept right. I turned on the bedroom light, nearly screaming when I noticed Niall laying on the bed.

"Jesus Niall, you scared me." I mumbled, tossing my purse onto the desk before I shrugged off my jacket. He stood up from the bed as he walked towards me, wrapping his arms around me tightly.