77.

-Heather's P.O.V

It's been a week since Niall and I's fight, and I haven't done anything. Sleep, eat, shower and make sure Maddie is okay. She's noticed my change of mood and hasn't said much to me, making me a bit upset. My parents have been asking me about Niall non stop, and I tried so hard not break in front of them.

"Tell mom I'm going out." Luke shouted up the stairs, before slamming the door shut. I sighed closing my computer, sitting up. I needed to do something energetic, like seriously. I changed into a pair of black joggers and a purple tank top with my black Nikes. I threw my hair into a pony tail, grabbing my phone and ear plugs.

I opened the front door, slamming it shut behind me as I felt the cold breeze hit me. I almost forgot what it felt like to be outside. It was dark and perfect timing for a run, maybe I could relax. I started off with a nice jog, playing some Ed Sheeran.

I slowed down when I came in front of an alley, placing my hands on my knees as I catched my breath. I don't think I've ever ran so much, or I'm just out of shape. I suddenly heard footsteps behind me, making me turn around. Nothing. Nobody was on the sidewalks, cars driving by every five minutes. I'm probably just hearing things, I shook my head drinking from my water bottle.

"Heather." A voice whispered, I looked over seeing nothing. My heart started pumping faster, my body starting to shake. I am not hallucinating anymore, I heard it. Maybe it's the one who has been breaking into my room, before I could move, something moved on the corner of my eye.

"Is anybody there?" I called out, a figure in black came walking towards me with something shiny in his hand. A bat. Before I was able to move, the bat came in contact with my eye. I let out a loud scream, falling to the ground. The pain was unbearable, I couldn't feel it. Everything seemed so odd to me, I looked at the ground hearing sirens. And that's when I noticed the blood dripping from my eye.

Everything became black.

-Luke's P.O.V

"Ah shit." Niall muttered, seeing that the eight ball didn't go in the pocket. I've been going out with him and the guys just playing pool sense Heather was trapped in her room, but she chose that.

"Niall, can I ask you something?" I put the pool stick back as we sat at the bar stools, he nodded. "What happened to you and my sister?" His face paled and his jaw clenched.

"She cheated on me." He looked over at me, I thought he was lying. But by the tone of voice, he wasn't. My sister cheating?

I don't believe it.

"With who?" Before he could answer my phone started buzzing violently in my pocket. I pulled it out seeing the hospital call me. "Luke Hemmings speaking." I joked, Niall chuckling.

"Hi Luke the is the Red Cross Hospital, are you the brother of Heather Foster?" I felt my blood run cold, Niall noticing my change of mood.

"Uh yes, what happened?" I asked standing up, digging in my pocket for my keys.

"Your sister. I think you should come to the hospital so I can explain." I hung up the phone.

"What's going on?" Niall asked.

"Heather is in the hospital." His eyes widened and face paled, he yelled at the guys telling them we were leaving. "I'll meet you there." He nodded before I sprinted out of the bar, getting into her car. Fuck, this is my fault. I shouldn't have left her alone.

After ten minutes of honking my horn at jack asses that don't know how to drive, I pulled into the hospital parking lot slamming on the brakes. I grabbed the keys before gettiing out, seeing Niall's car on the corner of my eye. I rushed into the hospital, my breathing heavy.