54.

-Heather's P.O.V

I stared out the living room window, watching as the small drops of snow fell from the sky before falling onto the damp ground. I looked at the clock seeing it was nine-thirty, I had been up since one o'clock, not being able to sleep. My eyes burned from all the crying, I've eventually tried to calm myself down my making some coffee. Nothing has helped.

"Babe, what are you doing up so early?" Niall's raspy voice made me jump, I turned around seeing him in his gray joggers, his hair was in every direction.

"Couldn't sleep." I told him turning my attention back out the window, I could hear his footsteps get closer as he stood behind me. He placed his large hands on my shoulders, rubbing them gently before I leaned back into his touch.

"Let me shower and we'll go get breakfast then your place, yeah?" I nodded as he leaned down pecking me on the forehead, his footsteps fading away from me. I stood up from the couch, my feet padding against the hallway floor into his bedroom. I grabbed my dress and heels, slipping on Niall's slippers before going into the kitchen. The large box from Austin was sitting on the table that Niall must of brought it in. I placed my clothes on the table, opening the box. There was three white envelopes, for my mom, Ami and I. I sat in the chair, before tearing the envelope open, reading the neat black ink.

'Heather,

You're probably devistated, right? I know there's probably a lot on your plate now, realizing that I wasn't your real sister and that you lost two important people within two weeks. And found out that you had a brother. I'm sorry, I really am. Don't bring yourself down, be stronger than that. Niall and the family don't want to see you like this, I don't either. This is a box of items I want you to keep, you don't have to, but I would like you too. I don't want you to mope around all day, I want you to be stronger and go back to your normal self. Before your accident, you did a lot of things that made you happy and took away the feelings you were feeling. You loved to play piano, you loved singing and dancing, that was your get away. You went to the abandoned building next to the run down buildings uptown, thats where you went. Every night I would tuck you in, you would always tell me what you wanted to be when you were older. You fought between being a dance teacher, or a singer. Honestly, I think you should do both. Anyways, I'm sure you know why I'm dead. I'm sure you heard. Don't you hate when you can feel the guilt sitting in your throat? That's how I'm feeling, Heather. During your journey of life with Niall and the family, be strong for everyone and don't give up. There's going to be some bumps that are worse than others, that sounded weird. But, just know that there was a reason you weren't told. Don't go home asking mom, you'll have to wait and see. It's not going to be good, but it's life. Not everything is great. Well, it's about my time to go. Heather, I want you to know that you're always going to be my baby sister that I love so much. You've gone through so much, and I'm proud of you for not giving up. I love you baby sis.

-Your big sister, Elizabeth Rose.'

The black ink was now smudge with my tears that dripped down the paper, dropping onto the table from my shaky hands. I put my head in my hands, crying quietly as my body shook.

"Baby." He whispered, I looked up at him with my teary eyes.

"It hurts Niall, she wasn't even my real sister. And she's dead." My voice cracked, he squatted down before I wrapped my arms around him tightly, his wet hair tickling my cheek.

"I know baby, calm down." He cooed rubbing my back, I sniffled lightly as my tears started to stop falling. I pulled away, his eyes on me as I placed the letter back int the brown box. "Come on, lets go get breakfast."