93.

Smut towards ending.

-Niall's P.O.V

I sat on the porch stairs reaching into my pocket for the new pack of cigarettes I had bought before the party, pulling out a fresh cancer stick. I held it between my lips, lighting it with my black lighter before putting it back into my pocket. I blew out a cloud of smoke, a heavy sigh leaving my lips. I turned and looked through the glass window, watching as Heather picked up the glass from the beer bottle and wipe the beer up, a frown on her face.

I probably hurt her.

I didn't even mean what I said, I'm happy that she threw this party, it just shows how much she cares about me and loves me. And then I just start fucking yelling at my mom, and I knew Heather didn't like that. So here I am, sitting outside and not enjoying my party. I don't even remember the last real birthday party I had, but I've never had one like this. For all my birthdays it was just the lads and I, I didn't have a girlfriend to throw me a party, hell when I dated Olivia she didn't even know it was my birthday, she bought me a snickers bar and a beer.

It didn't even make me happy, to be honest.

I heard the door shut and I didn't bother to turn around and see who it was, because I knew for a fact it wasn't Heather by the foot steps. On the corner of my eye I could see the familiar black Nikes and I knew it was Greg. I let out a heavy sigh, my leg bouncing up and down.

"Still smoking?" He questioned sitting next to me, I shrugged.

"What does it look like?" I asked rather harshly, not caring. He sighed, dragging his hand down his face.

"Heather is cleaning up your mess in there, she told us that she should of never thrown the party because she had a feeling you wouldn't of liked it." I frowned, why would she say that? This party is great, she could of just taken me out to eat, but instead she used her money and did all of this for me.

"I like the party, I'm just frustrated." I muttered, tossing the cigarette into the fresh cut grass before lacing my fingers together.

"I called dad and told him he should go, he's getting married today." I scoffed shaking my head.

"Marrying some fucking hooker that probably just wants him for money? I don't care what the fuck he is doing because you know what? On your birthday he missed the biggest football game, flew over to Ireland just for your birthday." I yelled, swallowing the lump in my throat. Call me a baby or a pussy, but it fucking hurts when your father doesn't give one shit about you. "And here I am, waiting for his arrival even though it's never going to happen."

"Niall he called today, he said that he is sorry." I looked over at him, shaking my head.

"For what? For telling me that I don't mean shit to him or that I was a mistake and that's why he didn't want me?" I looked down at my shoes pinching my eyes shut, not letting myself cry like a baby in front of Greg. I flinched when I felt him pat my back.

"You should come in, at least apologize to Heather." With that, he stood up from the creaky steps, going back inside the house. When I heard the door shut quietly and heard the familiar taps of her flats, I didn't look up. She's pissed and probably wants to scream at me. She sat besides me, in silence.

"I'm sorry if you didn't want a party, I thought you would of liked it." Her voice was quiet, I looked over at her, seeing her stare at me with a sad smile. I shook my head.

"No, I love it, you did great. I'm just a bit upset." I muttered looking down at shoes, looking for nothing in particular.

"Tell me what's wrong, and I want to know everything. I'm your girlfriend and I'm here to take care of you and listen to your problems like you do with me, I'm here for you through everything Niall." This isn't what I expected, I expected her to drag me by my ear inside the house and force me to go on with this big ball of anger inside of my chest.