78.

-Niall's P.O.V

I stayed awake the whole night, watching Heather's chest rise and fall. She hasn't woken at all, only stirred in her sleep with small whimpers escaping her pale, chapped lips. I looked at the time seeing it was 5:30 AM, and I wasn't tired. I sighed standing up from the chair, removing my hand from Heather's. I closed the door quietly, making my way down towards the cafeteria.

"Large french vanilla coffee." The man nodded as I tossed a five onto the counter. I'm not much of a coffee person, but when you're dating someone who is obsessed with drinking coffee, it changes. I didn't even realize that we had broken up. I sighed grabbing my coffee, sitting in the red booth as nurses sat at the tables, talking to their workers or sitting alone.

I cursed under my breath when I burnt my tongue on the hot liquid, cursing repeatedly. Fucking coffee, fuck you. I sighed biting the tip of my tongue hoping for the burning sensation to go away, one reason I did not drink coffee. I grabbed my phone from my pocket, seeing I had a missed call from Lola, ten minutes ago. I hit the call button, bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Niall?"

"Yeah, it's me." I sighed leaning back against the leather.

"What happened to Heather? People are saying 'pray for Heather' on Twitter, is she okay?" I ran my hands over my face, sighing once more.

"She's in the hospital, she got hit in the face with a bat, her lense broke so she's blind in one of her eyes for about a good month or two." I heard her gasp through the phone.

"Who did it?"

"I"m not sure, but I have to go." I lied, I just wanted to get off the phone.

"Wait Niall, tell her I miss her. Please." She whispered.

"Yeah, bye Lola." I hung up placing my phone on the table, yawning loudly as I tapped my fingers against the plastic cup.

"Still here?" I looked behind me seeing Heather's father, John. I swallowed, nodding.

"Uh yeah." I scratched the back of my neck, feeling my body tense. I hope he just walks away..

"Mind if I sit?" He asked, I shook my head as he sat across from me. Yeah, this is awkward. I stared down at the table, bouncing my leg up and down. "Have you been here all night?" He raised an eyebrow, drinking from his mug of coffee.

"Yeah, I was in Heather's room." He nodded, sighing as he brought the mug away from his mouth.

"Niall, what happened between you and my daughter?" He leaned forward, lacing his fingers together. I think I might just piss myself.

"Uh um we uh, we just- we're taking a break." I stuttered, my concious screaming at me for being a pussy. He nodded, ending the conversation. My phone buzzed on the table, I looked down seeing 'Bitch' flash across the screen. I hit the lock button, shoving my phone into my jean pockets hearing John laugh.

"Ex- girlfriend?" He raised an eyebrow, I shook my head.

"If that's what you wanna call her." I said referring to Tracy, who was blowing up my phone with her calls.

"I should get going, I have work. There's a bag in her room with clean clothes when she leaves, take care Niall." I nodded as he stood up, walking away. Could you say awkward.

I made my way down the familiar white hallway, getting closer to Heather's room. Just as I was about to open the door, voices were heard.

"The job is done, she's in the hospital." It was a man, he sounded old, but not too old. "No, he's not in the room. I don't know where he is." Is he referring to me? I just want to barg in the fucking room, but who knows what he could do to Heather.