20.

-Heather's P.O.V

"I'm in a gang, Heather."

What? I stared at him with wide eyes, seeing worry written across his face. This was so much to take in, even though he only told me what his job was.

"Heather, baby say something." He pleaded, squeezing my hands. I pulled my hands from his grip, before I placed my feet on the ground standing up. I paced back and forth, running my fingers through my hair as I let out a shaky breath.

"Do you kill people?" I whispered, he looked up at me shaking his head slowly.

"No, not usually. I just deliver the drugs." Not usually. What's that suppose to mean? That he does kill people sometimes?

"Do you do drugs?" I asked, stopping to look him in the eye. Nothing. He just stared at me, no headshake. Nothing. So he does drugs. Great.

"Heather, it's not easy to just quit." He spoke, standing up from his current spot. I scoffed shaking my head.

"Yes it is Niall, you tell your boss you want to quit. Easy as that." I laughed bitterly, he ran his fingers through his dark blonde hair.

"My boss is Max, it's not as easy as you think." He snapped, what? His boss was Max? The pieces are falling together. At the party, Tyler said Max was getting tired of waiting. Waiting for the drugs, or the money.

"Niall please go." I spoke quietly, looking at the ground. I didn't dare to look at him, because I knew exactly what his face would look like.

"No no no, Heather you said you would stay by my side." He raised his voice, grasping my shoulders into his large hands forcing me to look at him.

"Niall, I just need to think. Please." I pleaded, he shook his head pushing me against the wall making me gasp.

"You can make me leave, you can make me do anything but you promised. You promised to stay by my side, and right when I walk out your door, you will still be mine. And you have no choice, because you promised to be stick with me!" His voice boomed, I was taken back by his outburst. He released me, storming towards the door slamming it behind him making me jump.

I walked up the stairs into my room, feeling like my head was going to burst. I sat at my desk, opening my laptop and logging onto Facebook. I scrolled through my newsfeed, seeing nothing but drama and girls gossiping over who's dating who. When a post caught my eye.

'Am I the only who see's Niall with Heather Foster? Like forreal, she looks like a rat. She probably has aids or some shit.'

There were so many comments, and I felt the tears gather in my eyes. The comments were awful, I felt like hiding in a hole and never coming out.

'Did you guys see them in the janiotors closet? It was disgusting, she was riding him. She's such a slut.'

I let out an unexpected sob, this was all fake. I slammed my laptop shut before I stood up from the chair going into the bathroom. I didn't bother shutting the door since I was here alone and no one would barge in. I grabbed the shiny blade that sat under my make up bag, calling my name.

Don't do it, Heather.

My concious screamed, I gripped the blade in my hand as my tears fell faster..

You're better than that.

I ignored my concious and dragged the razor across my skin, sobs falling from my shaky lips. Just one cut, just one.

I watched the blood drip into the white sink, sliding down the drain when I suddenly heard the door slam down stairs. My eyes widened before I threw the blade into the sink, grabbing a wet wash clothe as I quietly ran into my room getting under the blankets as the footsteps got closer to my bedroom.

"Heather baby I'm in-" His voice immediatly stopped when he noticed my figure 'sleeping.' I heard him sigh quietly, his footsteps coming closer to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder, rubbing it genly before he placed a soft kiss onto my forehead mumbling a goodnight. His touch disappeared, leaving me begging for more. I waited until I heard the down stairs door shut, until I wake up. Once I heard it shut, I sat up quickly going back into the bathroom cleaning out the sink. I thought of what Niall had to say, 'I'm in' maybe he was in love with me? No, that's not right. He's Niall Horan, he doesn't fall in love.

I washed the blood off my wrist, placing a band aid on the cut. I needed something else to take the pain away besides a razor, that helps for so long until all the pain comes back. Drinking isn't my thing, neither is smoking. Wait. I walked out my bedroom, towards Elizabeth's room. I pushed the door open, the smell of Vodka and weed filling her dark room. I turned on the light, hoping to find a package of cigarettes somewheres. I grabbed a small blue lighter gripping it in my right hand as I searched for a package, when I noticed a box on the top shelf where the TV sat. I stood on my tippy toes, grabbing the package with ease.

I closed my door, making sure to lock it incase anybody were to come home. I walked over to balcony opening the door feeling the cold breeze slap me in the face, making me shiver slightly. I stepped out on the balcony, closing the door behind me before taking a seat on the chair. I ripped the plastic off of the box, opening the tab before I grabbed a fresh cigarette. My shaky hands slid it out from the box, putting it between my lips.

I messed with the lighter until a orange flame came up, lighting up the cigarette. I inhaled, before bringing the cigarette away from my lips blowing out a cloud of smoke. I sat back in the chair relaxing, no wonder people smoke. My phone buzzed in my pocket, making me sigh in annoyance. I pulled it out from my pocket seeing an unknown message, must be Max or Clayton.

'From: Unknown

You know, it's bad to steal. Especially from people you live with, but a box of cigarettes? Shocker. What would lover boy think of you smoking? But I will admit, a cigarette resting between those pretty little lips of yours is a turn on.'

I looked back and forth frantically throughout the dark yard, but nothing. There was nothing out there, but I knew someone was watching me. And it wasn't the first time it's happened. I threw the cigarette into the yard, hoping no one will find it. I rolled onto my side, slowly drifting to sleep when I heard a voice speak.

"Sleep well, Heather."