Damian Wayne x Mother Reader

Up next: Clark Kent x Daughter Reader

Later: Bat-Family x Mother Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  To say I was only tired, that would be an understatement. I leaned on my elbow and found myself dozing off.

  I jumped up when I heard,"Mother?"

  Damian awkwardly stood in the doorway, and I said,"Yeah?"

  For some reason, Damian didn't respond back to me and just continued to stand awkwardly in the doorway.

  "Here, Dami. Come take a seat. Don't even think about letting Bruce get you out of it."

  Damian sat down in the seat I pulled out for him and still chose to be silent. At this moment, he was scaring me a great deal. Only recently did Damian start to call me his "mother," which I did my best to be for him. Since I didn't really have a problem with Talia, I did remind Damian that Talia was still his real mother.

  "Dami, look at me. What's going on? Is there something I should know?"

  Damian looked me in the eyes and then brought his attention to my stomach.

  Tears formed in his eyes, and he asked me,"When...When the baby comes, are you going to still want me?"

  When Damian asked me this question out of all questions, my heart broke. It broke right then and there. By the way he asked me and how he had been acting lately, I should have figured out how he was feeling.

  I pulled his chair right beside my own and held him in my arms saying,"Baby, of course I'm still going to see you as my son. When the little one comes, you're still going to be one of the most important people in my life. There won't be a moment where I will ever try to replace you. You know what?"

  Damian looked up at me and said,"What?"

  I ran my fingers through his hair saying,"I am going to need someone to help me out. You know, your father is Batman and he gets really busy. I will definitely need all the extra help I can get. What do you say?"

  Damian smiled and replied,"I can do it, Mother. I can help you."

  I smiled down at Damian and he yawned, before I said,"I think it's your bedtime."

  Damian groaned and tried to escape from my arms saying,"I don't have a bedtime. I-"

  I sent Damian a look, and he said,"All right. It's my bedtime. Good night."

  I chuckled and kissed his forehead twice saying,"Good night, my son."

  Damian walked out of the room, and I was surprised I didn't fall asleep. I guess I wasn't that tired as I thought.

  "What are you doing in my room?"

  I tripped Bruce, and he hit the floor.

  I giggled and said,"What'd you say, Bruce?"

  Bruce got up from the floor and replied,"I said,"What are you doing in my room?"

  "It's my room, too, Wayne. Sharing is caring."

  Bruce smiled at me, and I asked him,"Have you talked to Damian today?"

  Bruce nodded and said,"Yes, I just did. He seemed happy. I'm guessing that had something to do with you, huh?"

  I made a pose and replied,"You know it is in my job description."

  Bruce chuckled, and I said,"I really love your laugh."

  Bruce walked up behind my chair and squeezed my shoulders saying,"Thank you. You calling it early tonight, or do you have work to finish?"

  I got up and said,"I'm calling it early tonight. I'm tired. Good night, Bruce."

  I jumped into the bed and pulled the covers over my head. I heard Bruce laughing, before he got in next to me and securely held me in his arms.

   4 WEEKS LATER..

  When I made it home early from work, Alfred said to me,"Mrs. Wayne, Master Damian would like you to go to his room. He has something to show you."

  I nodded and thanked Alfred, then I headed up the stairs. I knocked on Damian's door, and he let me come inside.

  "So, what did you need to show me, Damian?"

  Damian became quiet and I thought we were able to have a repeat of what happened four weeks ago, then he said,"Mother, I...I'm not sure how to say this, but I have been thinking lately and I never thanked you for talking to me. You mean a great deal to me, and I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here. I didn't know what to give you, but I hope what I do have is enough. I really love you, Mother."

  I crouched down to Damian's level and hugged him as tightly as I possibly could. Damian smiled, yet he didn't seem to mind me hugging him so tightly.

  He mumbled,"Mother, the gift."

  I pulled away from the hug, and Damian handed me a note and a drawing.

  He shyly said,"I...I drew it. I'm not an expert, but I really tried."

  I smiled at Damian and said,"Damian, I can look at this and tell you really tried. That's enough for me. I'll put it up somewhere where I can always see it."

  He nodded and motioned for me to read the note. The note was something I didn't know I needed. Damian poured his heart out, and I was so proud of him. It brought me to tears.

  Damian frowned, and I cupped his face saying,"Damian, you're just amazing. Thank you. You will always be my son. Always. I love you."

  "I love you, too."