Jason Todd x Reader

Dedicated to Nightingale369.

Up next: Bruce Wayne x Suicidal Reader

Later: Joker x Reader

This Jason Todd x Reader is based off the song "Fallen Angel" by Three Days Grace.

    JASON'S POV

  As I watched Y/N from our bedroom window, I noticed something different about her lately. She had been very distant and only talked every once and a while. She used to be the one that could make your day with one smile, but I could not even tell you the last time she smiled.
  Ever since her mother passed, I have made sure to try and get through to her. The problem was: Y/N was not the best at being open; especially, when she was in pain. That never stopped me then, and it would not stop me now.

  I jogged down the stairs and found Y/N back inside already. She gave me a weak smile, but she walked over to me and hugged my waist.

  I hugged back and kissed her forehead saying,"I know, babe, but I am not going anywhere. Have you eaten anything?"

  Y/N just buried her face deeper in my chest, which quickly answered my question.

  I frowned and sighed saying,"Baby..."

  Y/N held on to me, and I realized she was crying. I immediately picked her up and carried her over to the couch.

  She rested her head on my chest, while she tightly squeezed my shirt saying,"Jay, please do not leave me, too. I...I love you."

  I placed kisses all over Y/N's face, which made her giggle and actually send me a real smile.
  I smiled back and nuzzled my nose against hers, before she blushed uncontrollably.

  I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows at her, while Y/N just punched my shoulder in return saying,"Todd, please do not start."

  I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her saying,"I see you are getting back to your old self, which is great I think."

  Y/N tackled me over the sofa, before I laughed and pinned her down saying,"Aww, babe, I was just joking around. It is great to hear your voice again, you know."

  Y/N nodded and looked down, before I noticed tears forming in her eyes again.
  Y/N brought my hands to her face and I instantly let her, yet her grip was tightening by a great deal. I winced in pain, but I knew there was nothing I could do to get her to stop.

   She tried to get up and probably shut me out again, but I gently pushed her back down and said,"Stop trying to push me away, N/N, and tell me what is going on with you. I need you to tell me."

  I got off of Y/N, before I held out my hand for her. Y/N hesitated at first but smiled and put her hand in mine.
  I let out a sigh of relief, because I thought I would have to get her the hard way.

  Y/N seemed to read my thoughts and giggled, before she kissed my jaw and said,"Do not worry, Jase. I will not give you that hard of a time. I have done it enough already."

  I smiled and guided her into our bedroom, before I sat down across from her.

  Y/N intertwined our fingers together and said,"I know things have not been the same between us and it is my fault, but I did not mean to shut you out, Jason. You have always been there for me and I am normally the one to help you, but this time it was the other way around. With mom gone, I just felt like I would lose you and everyone else I cared about, because that is how it has always been. I have lost so much already, yet I was afraid that you would be the next one to leave. I thought pushing you away would stop the pain, but it just made it worse."

  Tears poured down Y/N's face, while she squeezed my hands saying,"I am so so sorry, Jay. I did not mean to hurt you in the process. I understand if you want to leave me now, but I-"

  I cut Y/N off by kissing her softly. Y/N kissed back and pulled me closer, while I held on for as long as she needed me to.

  Once Y/N pulled away, I cupped her face and stroked her cheek slowly saying,"How about me and you go get some ice cream? I was hoping someone special would join me."

  Y/N blushed yet smiled so big and attacked me in kisses. I chuckled and kissed her even harder, before I pulled away and grabbed Y/N's jacket for her.
  She kissed my cheek in thank you, before we headed out for ice cream. I knew from that point on that she would always know that I would do whatever it took to make her smile again.