Batman x Reader

Dedicated to OXBatwomanXO

Up next: Dick Grayson x Reader

Later: Jason Todd x Reader

    Y/N'S POV

  "Al, what if Bruce sees me differently?"

  Alfred rested his hand on my shoulder and said,"There is no way he could see you any differently. He would do anything to protect you. The incident that happened at Wayne Enterprises doesn't change that."

  "Thank you, Al, but I hurt people. How am I supposed to live with that?"

  "It will be hard, Mrs. Wayne, but you will get past this. There is no one better to help you than Master Bruce."

  I nodded and received a message from Bruce. He wanted me to meet him at Crime Alley. I didn't really know why Bruce would want to go back there, but I just met him there.

  Batman stood next to me and took my hand.

  He kissed my ring and said,"I'm glad I married you. How has your day been?"

  He let go of my hand, and I sighed saying,"Not good. I can't stop thinking about what happened the other night. Bruce, I didn't mean to harm those people."

  He tried to take my hand again and comfort me.

  I pulled my hand back, and Batman said,"Don't push me away. You won't hurt me. Let me see your hands."

  Batman held up his hands and waited for me to intertwine my fingers with his own.

  When I did, he smiled and said,"Marrying you was one of the best decisions I ever made. Do you know that, Y/N?"

  "No, but Bruce I'm not as strong as you think I am. Look at me. I couldn't even handle the incident that happened because of me. I don't see how you carry everything you do every single day."

  Batman replied,"Why do you think I chose to bring you here? Where my parents were killed? Y/N, I want you to know that these things take time to get over. Some, they may take you years, but others, others will make you stronger. You are stronger than you know. You will see that someday. Just because you can control fire, does not mean you will be a handful for me to be with. Okay?"

  I looked down at our hands and said,"Okay. I will do my best not to let you down. Do you think you could help me figure these fire powers or whatever out?"

  He nodded and asked me,"You're thinking about food right now, aren't you?"

  I let go of his hands and rested my hand on his shoulder saying,"Whoa, are you a mind reader? What am I thinking about now?"

  Batman chuckled and answered,"You're thinking about that cat that attacked you the other day in your backyard."

  I put my hands over my head and said,"You have to have some ability I don't know about. That's exactly what I'm thinking about. You're good, Bruce. I bet I can guess what you're thinking."

  Batman smiled down at me and asked,"What am I thinking, beautiful?"

  "You're thinking that I'm the best person you've ever dated, and you know that I'm the right person for you. You also need to go to the restroom."

  Batman laughed and said,"That's not even close, but you did look very cute when you were thinking about it. I was thinking about taking you to dinner and asking you about going to Paris with me."

  My eyes widened and when I turned, Batman was gone. I couldn't even ask him whether he was being serious or not. Was he joking or just messing with me? Ugh, it was making my head hurt just thinking about it.
  It reminded me of when he did that when we first met. Except for, it was the other way around and I had said something different. I told him I would never like him or go to another city with him. I kind of felt like he just mocked me in a way, but he was using my logic.

  I smiled to myself and enjoyed the breeze. I would go after Batman to get an answer from him, but I felt like he was being sincere.

  "You coming, Mrs. Wayne?"

  Batman appeared in front of me, and he said,"You've been standing there daydreaming for a while now. You may want to stop smiling so much."

  I hit his shoulder, and he smiled pulling me into his arms.

  He said,"You know, I was being serious about what I was going to ask you."

  "I know. I caught on. My answer is "yes" to both of them. You just have to carry me there to both of them."

  "Yes, Mrs. Wayne. It would be my pleasure."