Conner Kent x Reader

Dedicated to Polli2123

Up next: Justice League x Reader x Avengers

Later: Jason Todd x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  It had been a chill day so far, and Conner and I decided to stargaze. Well, it was really my idea, but Conner didn't want me to be out alone. I couldn't blame him, because I tended to get confused pretty easily.
  None the less, Conner's concern was also pretty cute. Once I found the perfect spot for Conner and I, I put down a blanket for us and called him over. I laid down on the blanket, and he laid down beside me.

  I asked him,"Do you think we're going to be some good on this team, Conner?"

  Conner looked over at me and said,"I think we will be. We just have to watch each other's backs. We do that all the time, don't we?"

  I smiled at him and nodded, before I looked back up at the stars. It always amazed me how they looked so close, yet they were so far away. Plus, I loved trying to pin out the different constellations.

  I felt a kiss on my cheek and blushed madly. Conner laughed and brought his attention back to the stars up above.

  He said,"It's beautiful, isn't it? Knowing that they're scattered miles and miles away from us, yet they seem so close. It reminds me of the two of us."

  Conner's choice of words caught me off guard, so I asked him,"How is that like the two of us?"

  Conner rested his hands over his stomach and said,"When we first started seeing each other, I never really knew where your head was at. It was like you were here, but you really weren't here. I would ask you something, but it would take you a long time to actually hear me. When you would answer anything I said, I never really felt like it was your real answer. Of course, I knew you weren't doing it on purpose."

  I reached over and took his hands in my own saying,"I'm sorry you felt that way. I'm sorry I made you feel that way, but communication has always been something I struggled on. I have lots of trust issues, so it adds to that problem too. Conner, I would never want you to feel like our relationship was not serious to me. Maybe I was just projecting how I felt onto you, without realizing that it didn't seem real. From now on, if something is really bothering me, I will let you know."

  Conner gave my hands a squeeze and said,"Good. I like to hear that, and I forgive you. I understand that I'm not easy to read too. Believe it or not."

  I laughed and replied,"You're the hardest to read."

  Conner made a face at me, and I said,"I say that with all due respect, Kent. Given that I love you dearly, I understand what causes you to struggle. It's something we can both work on. Together."

  Conner gave me a kiss, and we both tried to identify what we saw in the sky.

  I said,"That constellation definitely looks like Superman."

  Conner squinted and shook his head saying,"I don't see it. It looks nothing like Superman."

  I chuckled saying,"Come on, Conner. Use your imagination."

  Conner smiled and appeared to be deep in thought, before he said,"Look over there. That one looks like a bear."

  I replied,"A bear? That's definitely just a stick. There's no way that's a bear."

  Conner rolled his eyes, and I hugged his neck saying,"I'm just teasing, Conner. It's a bear."