Rā's al Ghūl x Reader

Dedicated to nanonabha

Up next: Terry McGinnis x Reader

Later: The Riddler x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I held my stomach, as I had a hard time maintaining my balance. I had had a run-in with The League of Assassins and barely made it out of there alive.
I went to the only place I knew I could get some help. Wayne Enterprises.

  Fox...I needed to find Lucius...

  Once the elevator door opened, I fell forward and slowly pulled myself up. I noticed Lucius talking to an employee, before I wobbled over to his table.

  I rested my bloody hand on it, and Lucius said,"Y/N!!"

  Lucius immediately wrapped an arm around me and said to the employee,"I'll alert Mr. Wayne tomorrow. I have to handle this."

  He nodded and immediately headed back to the elevator. Lucius led me inside Bruce's office and laid me down across the sofa.
  I saw Lucius heading over to Bruce's desk, then he pulled something out. That was when I blacked out from the amount of blood I had lost.

   BRUCE'S POV

  As I tried to help Damian with his homework, I had received an incoming call from Lucius. It was rather odd of him, especially at this time of night.

  I answered, but Lucius exclaimed,"It's Y/N! Bruce, she is injured. Badly."

  I immediately apologized to Damian, rushing to get to Wayne Enterprises. I assumed Lucius was there, so that was where I went. Y/N was my God-sister. I had to go see her.

  When I made it into my office, Lucius sighed and said,"She'll be all right, but I think that this might be in result of that case she was working."

  I was relieved Y/N would be all right, yet I had warned her about going after leads alone. She was a strong and intelligent woman, but her stubbornness often put her in the roughest situations. This was one of them.
  I pulled up a chair beside the sofa and took Y/N's hand, while I observed her wounds. I had no doubt that this was the work of an assassin, given the many blade cuts across Y/N's skin.

  Lucius said,"I know you're highly upset right now, but I can't help but feel like this has something to do with Rā's himself. Maybe Y/N was trying to see him again."

  I looked Lucius in the eyes and asked him,"Why would she do that? You think she still loves him?"

  Lucius nodded and replied,"Yes, I do. Despite his many efforts to push her away, they had something special. It is what she told me. Maybe she was targeted on accident. Her appearance has changed since the last time they saw one another, and she resembles the young woman you took down last year."

  I nodded and explained to Lucius,"In a way, that makes sense, but we need to find out whether Rā's was aware of this or not. If it was intentional, then he wouldn't even attempt to come near me. Not this time."

  "I can assure you, Detective, this was not my doing."

  I turned and the great Rā's al Ghūl entered my office.

  He noticed Y/N, and I could see what Lucius was talking about when he said Rā's still loved Y/N. They were together for some time, but I believe it ended because of me. Y/N would never say it to me, yet she always wanted to have me behind her.

  Rā's asked me,"What do you know of this, Detective?"

  I looked over at Lucius and informed Rā's,"I know she was attacked, given what Lucius told me. She came here barely able to stand and terribly injured. Neither of us know what occurred during her encounter, besides from they put up quite a fight. You're being honest with me when you say this was not you?"

  Rā's nodded and gazed at Y/N,"I'm quite positive, Detective. At one point or another, we were an item, and I valued that. I never lost my love for her, so this is the last thing I would do. I would not be surprised if this was a misunderstanding."

  Lucius was right, and Rā's did seem like he was being honest, so I guess it was just a matter of waiting for Y/N to wake up.

  Y/N'S POV

  When I was met with those blue eyes that had my back since we were kids, I was afraid of what Bruce would say to me.

  However, he just hugged me and mumbled,"I'm so glad you're still breathing. I'm upset, but I've always been so controlling over your life. I will do my best to let you do things on your own, and I'm sorry for not realizing it earlier. Forgive me?"

  I smiled at Bruce and hugged him back tighter, then I thanked Lucius.

  Lucius sent me a sweet smile and said to me,"Anytime, Ms. L/N. Anytime."

  I gave Lucius a hug too and spotted Rā's. I was quite stunned to see him here, given one of his assassins attacked me.

  Bruce and Lucius left to give us a minute or two.

  I asked Rā's,"Did...Did you send that assassin after me?"

  Rā's shook his head and walked over to the sofa, taking a seat, explaining to me,"Of course not, Y/N. I am certain he/she thought you were one of Detective's enemies, but I can promise you it was not my call. After all that time we spent together, I could never do that to you. It is good to see you well, Y/N."

  I smiled at Rā's and said,"It's good to see you, too. You know Bruce..."

  I was cut short when Rā's placed a kiss on my lips.

  He apologized by saying,"Forgive me, but I could not help it."

  I blushed but leaned back in and kissed Rā's. Rās kissed back, and I brought my hand up to his face.

  Rā's slowly pulled away from the kiss and asked me,"Do you wish for me to stay?"

  I nodded, and Rā's joined me. I leaned back into him, and Bruce and Lucius walked back inside Bruce's office.

  Bruce said,"You two need to seperate."

  I chuckled and replied,"Sorry, Batman, but no. Didn't you just say you weren't going to control what I do so much? Keep your word, Bruce."

  Rā's chuckled and smiled, as I pulled him closer to me. I wondered what Bruce would say if Rā's ended up asking for my hand one day. Rā's and Bruce were known to bump heads a little bit, but I would like to witness that conversation about marriage one day (if we got that far).