Rick Flag x Reader

Up next: Leonard Snart x Reader

Later: Bruce Wayne x Requested Reader

B/F/N- Best Friend's Name

Y/B/F/N- Your Best Friend's Name

   Y/N'S POV

  I watched as my B/F/N's brother, Rick, talked to June, whom I was very jealous of. June always knew what to say to Rick. Whatever she said could make him pay attention to her instead of me. I would try to talk to Rick, but I always grew shy around him and became stuck in an awkward conversation.

  Someone yelled in my ear,"Y/N, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!"

  I jumped and spilled my drink over my dress, before I turned and saw B/F/N.

  She giggled and said,"Oops, did not realize you were distracted. What were you looking at?"

  "N...Nothing. I was just making sure that all of the food was here."

  Y/B/F/N just laughed and said,"Right. Good thing that I have you, because you know I need my food."

  I giggled saying,"Yeah, like that time you about killed Bruce Wayne, because he took the last cinnamon roll. He even offered to buy you like a thousand of them, and you still managed to attack him and get the roll. It amazes me at how I agreed to be your friend."

  She rolled her eyes at me, before she called Rick over and asked me,"Why does he always talk to her so much? I mean, June is pretty, but he always seems oblivious to what I am saying to him. RICK?!!"

  Rick finally looked over at us, then he walked over to us and waited for Y/B/F/N to speak.

  She crossed her arms and asked Rick,"Why have you not greeted Y/N yet? Y/N is more important than Dr. Moone over there!"

  I smiled over at Y/B/F/N, while Rick looked over at me and sent me an apologetic smile saying,"I am really sorry, N/N. I would never mean to ignore you. How has your training been going?"

  I shrugged saying,"I am getting there, but I still have much to learn. Maybe you could-"

  Before I could finish, June came over and leaned on Rick's shoulder asking,"Rick, could you help me fix the plates, please?"

  Rick kissed my cheek saying,"I better go help, June. It was nice talking to you, N/N. Are you staying?"

  I did not know why, but I felt so defeated and heartbroken at Rick ending his conversation so quickly with me to help June.

  I knew I was probably just being stubborn and rude, so I sighed saying,"No, I...I have work I have to finish. It was nice seeing you, too."

  I grabbed my purse and headed towards the door, before Y/B/F/N grabbed my arm.

  She frowned and asked me,"Y/N, where are you going? I thought you were done with everything you needed to do for work. Is everything okay?"

  How could I tell her that I was head over heels for her brother and hated seeing June with him? How could I tell her that I was nothing compared to June? How could I tell her that I was, technically, hiding a big secret from her, since this was the one thing I never told her?

  I nodded and kissed her cheek saying,"Yeah. I just need to go home and get some rest, before I go in later."

  Y/B/F/N nodded and kissed my cheek, before I made my way up to my car and got inside. I checked my mirrors and put the keys in the ignition, before Y/B/F/N waved and I waved back. I backed out of her driveway, before I drove what felt like the longest drive of my life to my house.
  In reality, it was only about 5 minutes away. Anyway, I made it inside my house and fell down on the couch. Then, I tried to decide what I was going to do for the time I had left.

  I decided to draw, before I grabbed leftovers from the fridge and ate that. About 2 hours later, my doorbell went off and it was Rick.

  I sighed and let him come in, before he asked me,"Why did you leave? My sister told me that you said you had to go in to work later, but I remember you telling me that you do not go back in until next week. Explain. Please."

  I laughed saying,"Right. You are not my father, Rick. I am just a little under the weather today. Can you leave?"

  I went to make my way into the kitchen, but I was pulled back.

  Rick looked me in the eyes saying,"You like me, don't you?"

  I went to make a run for it, but Rick rested his hand on my face and I looked down saying,"Yeah, but I am sure you and June will make a great couple."

  Rick made me look at him saying,"June is not the one I want, Y/N. You are."

  That caught my attention real quick.

  "Well, that's a relief. Now, about that date and vacation at the beach."

  Rick chuckled and crossed his arms saying,"I didn't say either of those things, Y/N."

  I poked his cheek and said,"You didn't say it, but you were thinking it."

  Rick said,"I wasn't thinking that, really."

  "Rick, just take me out to dinner please."

  "Okay."