Jason Todd x Reader

Up next: Superman x Reader

Later: Nightwing x Reader Part 1

   Y/N'S POV

  Right now, I was on my way to my 1st period of my new school, Gotham Academy. My parents warned me that this was one of the top schools in the world, so I should not have any problems meeting new people or trying to make an impact here.
  As I made my way down the halls, I could not help but notice that millions of pairs of eyes were on me. I knew I was probably exaggerating, but it felt like everyone was watching me intensely and wondering what I was doing here.

  I just sighed and kept my head low, until I finally found my locker. I put my book bag and a few books I would not need in there; however, I felt like someone was staring at me.
  I slowly closed my locker to see a boy standing there. He was short, had blue eyes, and just looked plain agitated with the world.

  I smiled, before he sent me a weak smile saying,"Are you L/N? I mean, Y/N L/N?"

  I nodded and sighed saying,"Thanks for at least talking to me, uhh..."

  He chuckled and held out his hand saying,"Damian Wayne, but you can just call me Damian."

  "Thanks, Damian. Would you mind showing me to my first class?"

  Damian nodded and led me to what seemed to be the art classroom. I slowly walked inside, only to find out I was late to my first class.

  Congrats, Y/N, you're already starting out on a bad note!!

  I read the teacher's name on the board and sincerely said,"I am sorry, Mrs. Monroe, but I could not figure out how to get my locker open and-"

  Some students in the class, which I was guessing were the popular ones, starting giggling and laughing mumbling,"Idiot."

  I was very hurt by that comment, but I was not going to let it ruin my first day.

  Damian stuck up for me and said,"It was my fault, Mrs. Monroe. I accidentally distracted Y/N, which made her late to class. I'm sorry."

  I looked at Damian shocked, but I immediately whispered a "thank you" to him. Damian shrugged it off, before I sat down in my seat. Everywhere else I tried to sit down at; the other cheerleaders and jocks would just put their foot there or give me dirty looks.

  I just sat down in the back of the classroom and doodled in my sketchbook.

  I looked up to see the head cheerleader roll her eyes at me in disgust and said,"Who exactly are you supposed to be? Rosa Parks."

  Hadn't even been here for three hours and someone's already made a racist comment towards me.

  She bent down closer to me and said,"Do not make me beat you in front of this whole school. Do not even think about trying to steal my boyfriend, just so he can feel bad for you!!"

  I turned my head, and a pair of emerald eyes sent me a sympathetic look. I realized that this guy must be her boyfriend. I immediately dropped his gaze and focused back on what Mrs. Monroe was teaching.
  For the rest of the class, I would hear the other students whispering to each other and making jokes about me. However, I knew I was a strong young woman, so I was not going to get offended by everything.

  Once class was over, I rushed outside and ate out there on one of the benches. I doubt anyone would notice, because no one, besides from Damian, had shown me any kindness or concern. I felt someone sit down beside me and I thought it was Damian, but I was so wrong.

  I went to scream, but he gently covered my mouth and slowly let go saying,"Relax, babe. I am not going to hurt you, okay? I saw what happened and wanted to know how you were doing."

  I looked down saying,"All I wanted to do was come here and have a good time, you know? I wanted to make my parents proud and make as many friends as possible, but it is sort of hard if everyone hates me because I am black and not the most popular girl in school!!"

  My chin was lifted, before I met those familiar pair of emerald eyes.

  I cleared my throat, but he chuckled and softly said,"I do not hate you, Y/N. You are a beautiful girl and who cares what color you are! That does not define you, Y/N. Do not let Delia get to your head. I...I like you, Y/N. You are different than the other girls here, and you were strong back there. Show her what black women are about and be confident in yourself. I meant no harm by saying your race. "

  As he leaned in, I could not help but smile but stopped his mouth saying,"But you have a girlfriend, Delia. She said you guys were together, remember?"

  As I went to get up, he pulled me back down and said,"No, we are not together. She was just upset that I was focused on you. Not her. By the way, can you please learn my name? Babe, my name is Jason Todd."

  I chuckled at his playful manner but smiled back saying,"Jason, I like that name. Now, about that kiss-"

  I placed a kiss on his cheek and Jason blushed, trying not to make a big deal about it.

  Jason cleared his throat, before I smirked saying,"One more thing."

  Jason looked confused at my sentence, but he let me lead him to where I was going.

  I stopped us in front of Delia's table and cleared my throat. Delia looked at me in pure disgust, but then she noticed Jason and I's hands.

  Jason tightened his grip on my hand, before he said,"Delia, I am sorry to tell you this, but I don't want to get back together with you. No hard feelings?"

  Delia chuckled and looked at me, before I just smiled at her and said,"Don't look at me. I did not plan on this happening either. Though, this is usually the point where I do something to get you back for what you said, but I am not going to do anything."

  Delia, along with all of her friends, stared at me in complete confusion.

  From the corner of my eye, Jason smiled at me and I said to Delia,"I forgive you for what you said, but I promise to stay out of your way and make sure of that. I was taught that everyone may not respect you, but that does not mean you disrespect the other person right back."

  Delia stood up from her seat and Jason went to get in front of me, before I held him back and said,"You should try thinking about that for another time. But the way, WHOSE GOT JASON NOW!! HA!!"

  Jason had to pull me out of the cafeteria, before he led me outside. I guess school was over, because everyone was walking out now.

  Jason chuckled and said,"You are so adorable, but next time, just act a little less excited about it, okay?"

  I nodded and hugged Jason. Jason hugged back, before he held me tighter. I saw Damian run outside, along with 2 other guys. Aww, they must be related. Wait, a second.

  Damian yelled,"TODD!! WHY ARE YOU HUGGING L/N! I JUST MET HER, AND I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER!!"

  I pulled away from the hug and looked between the boys.

  Jason rolled his eyes and put an arm around my waist saying,"Get over it, Damian. She is my mission now and no one else is going to change not. Not even you."

  I felt butterflies in my stomach at Jason saying that, which caused me to hug him tightly. Jason accepted my hug and Damian tried to stay mad, but he eventually smiled at me and Jason.
  I sent Damian a reassuring smile before whom I came to know as Tim and Dick, along with Jason and Damian, took me home.