Bruce Wayne x Daughter Reader

Up next: Booster Gold x Shy Reader

Later: Aquaman x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  "Honey, remember that no matter what, there is no reason to be afraid. You get to control how you react to your opponent. If you ever feel alone, just know that I will always be here for you."

  That was what my father, Bruce Wayne, hammered into my head after he first trained me. I was a surprise to him, yet he told me I never needed to hesitate on asking him for help. There were times when I got frustrated with him and he got frustrated with me, but it was a part of the whole experience.

  At this very moment, I was having trouble sleeping. I decided to head down to the Batcave and see what Dad was doing. He was looking at a surveillance video, surrounding a robbery from last week. No one had been able to identify any of the suspects, and Dad thought it was a part of something bigger.

  I kicked his chair, to let him know I was here, and he said,"Hey, Y/N. What are you doing up? What's wrong?"

  I sighed and said,"Daddy, I can't sleep."

  He said,"Have you tried actually laying down and closing your eyes?"

  I replied,"Yes, who does not do that. Dad, I'm serious. I...I need my father."

  He stopped what he was doing and turned around to face me. He scooted his chair directly in front of my own and gave me his full attention.

  I looked to the side and said,"You don't know this, but before mom died, she told me that there were still things she had not told me. Every night, I keep thinking of that night when my mother was murdered right in front of me. I remember feeling hopeless. Like I...I should have done something. I...I could have saved her."

  Dad sent me sympathetic eyes and took my hands saying,"I know how you feel, Y/N, but you should not be so caught up on this. I know that sounds bad to say, but you need to try to figure out a way to move past this. If your mother were here, you know she would say the same thing if it had happened to me. I am not saying you still cannot be upset, but it is possible to accept it. I have had to do the same."

  I nodded, and tears fell down my face.

  I sniffed and asked him,"Are you going to leave me by myself?"

  He said,"No. Of course not. You are my daughter, and I love you with all my heart. There is nothing I would not do for you, okay?"

  I jumped out of my seat and hugged him tightly. He returned the hug and held on to me, as I let all my cries out.

  When I finally became calm, he kissed my forehead and said,"You don't have a boyfriend I should know about, do you?"

  I laughed and shook my head saying,"No, but William did ask me out the other day and you know what I said?"

  He smiled down at me and said,"It better have been "no."

  I said,"I said "maybe."

  I could feel him tensing already, and I giggled saying,"Daddy, come on. That does not mean I will tell him "yes."

  He rolled his eyes saying,"I don't want you to have a boyfriend. You're not old enough."

  I said,"Dad, I am 20 years old. When am I old enough?"

  He said,"Let me think about it."

  I kissed his cheek and hugged him again saying,"I love you, Dad."

  He replied,"I love you, too."

   6 MONTHS LATER...

  Turns out, that I did end up saying "yes" to William and it completely broke me when I found out he had been cheating on me for a while. Maybe even before we got together. I would not have ever found out, if he had not sent me the messages that were supposed to have gone to his other girl.

  The second I walked into Wayne Manor, I immediately went to find Alfred. He was not here, so I ran upstairs to Dick's room.

  I knocked on his door and weakly said,"Richard, please open the door."

  He opened the door and I instantly hugged his waist, crying into his shoulder. He hugged me back and helped me sit down, before I told him everything. By the time I was done, he did not know what to say.

  I continued to cry and rant to him, yet he never left the room. He stayed and listened to me.

  He just held me and let me rant, before he finally asked me,"Are you gonna tell Bruce?"

  "Tell me what?"

  Dad stood at the door and noticed Dick holding me, while I was leaning on Dick for support.

  Dad's whole composure changed, and he sternly asked me,"What did he do?"

  I said,"Dad, I-"

  He sent me a look and said,"Y/N, do not do that. What did WILLIAM do?"

  I tried to hold in anymore tears and admitted to Dad,"He cheated on me. He has been doing it for a while now. I...I am not sure for how long, though."

  Dad rushed out of the room, and I yelled,"DADDY!!"

  I got up and ran after him, but he was already gone. I sighed, and it looked like Alfred had arrived. He led me to the kitchen and fixed me some tea, then Dad returned. He had on his Batman suit, and I knew things did not end well for William.
  When it was time for me to get some sleep, I did not get any. I walked into Dad's room, and he had a blanket on the floor with some snacks and ice-cream.

  He smiled at me and held open his arms. I instantly ran to him and accepted his hug. He just held me for what seemed like forever and sat down with me.

  I asked him,"You knew I'd come?"

  He nodded and said,"Yes, I did. I told you I would be here if you ever felt alone. I am here. I am here."

  That was another moment where I knew I had the best dad in the world. No matter what my mom did not get to tell me, I knew Dad would keep his word on caring for me.