Dick Grayson x Reader

Dedicated to Crazed_Fangirl0910.

Inside Info: You are a mystery to those around you, and even to those who know you, but a certain person takes an interest in you and wonders what really makes you so different and special..

** BPD stands for Bludhaven Police Department**

Up next: Superboy x Zatanna

Later: Question x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  My mother was deliberately trying to embarrass me in front of my new colleagues at my new job. I was an officer for the BPD and apparently, I was going to have a partner. That should be nice. Nothing said improvement like working with a complete stranger.

  Mom went to show baby pictures, but I gently pushed her towards the exit and said,"Mother, don't you have somewhere to be or a friend to talk to?"

  Mom went to respond, but one of my colleagues gladly led Mom out. I thanked her, before I sat back down at my desk and decorated it.
  Other officers gave me weird looks, but I just ignored them and did my own thing. Someone cleared their throat, and I was met with the most gentle blue eyes I have ever seen.

   DICK'S POV

  As I went to finish this fight on a good note, I received a call from Alfred and answered saying,"Yes, Alf? I am sort of busy here."

  Alfred said,"Master Richard, while I am aware of how hard it is to be a prime example of a goal setter myself, I do believe it is not wise to start your first day on the job with an excuse."

  I joked, as I played around with these idiots, and said,"Alf, I am sure that my excuses are as good as they come, and they are not nearly as confusing as Bruce's were."

  Alfred let out a long sigh, and I just happened to have taken all the guys down with no problem. They would get up some time soon. I gave in, and I knew Alfred was glad that I had a soft spot for him; especially when it came to being part of a family that would be nothing without him.

  I quickly changed into my uniform and said,"Okay, Alfred, do not get upset. I will not be late, and I will track Nygma down another day. You can never run out of riddles."

  Alfred hung up the phone, before I made my way to the department and stopped at my desk. I noticed a woman sitting there. She must be my partner. She sure was beautiful. Come on, Grayson, do not fall for her already.

  I cleared my throat, knowing it would get her attention.

   Y/N'S POV

  I double blinked to get myself out of my trance and apologized to him saying,"I am sorry, Blue, but I did not think you were going to show up this early. I am Y/N, your new partner. You are?"

  I guess I gave him a nickname and he chuckled, before he shook my hand saying,"My name is Richard, but you can call me Dick; either one is fine with me. Blue? I have never been called that one before. What made you say that?"

  I blushed and honestly answered,"You have very blue eyes, but that is not a bad thing. You...uh...they are very nice and interesting to look at. I mean, I..."

  Dick laughed and it honestly was an encouraging thing, because I thought he was going to tell me off for seeming like a stalker or something.

  He sent me a smile and waved it off, before the Captain came over and said,"Grayson, I could use some help. I have heard amazing things about your abilities and I need an extra set of eyes to fill in for my sick partner. Would you mind?"