Batgirl x Male Child Reader

Dedicated to paultiteuf360

Up next: Black Adam x Reader

Later: Bat-Family x Sick Reader

   BARB'S POV

  I do not know how or why, but I somehow ended up with a scared yet frightened little boy in my arms. I had managed to beat a few guys to a pulp, after they seemed to be assaulting the poor boy. I could feel just how bad he was taking this whole thing, by the way he held on to my arm. His tears softly hit against my shoulder, and his face was in the crook of my neck.

  I gently pulled him back from me and caressed his cheek with my gloved hand.

  He leaned into my hand, and I asked him,"Do you have any family or friends I can call?"

  He shook his head and sniffed saying,"I'm on my own. I live in an orphanage. Those boys mess with me every day."

  I sent him sympathetic eyes and went to pull my hand away, but I couldn't do that. The poor kid just looked so scared, and I was not certain of what all to do to keep him from shaking so much.

  I pulled him in for a comforting hug, and he asked me,"Can I stay with you, Batgirl?"

  I nodded, and he continued to hug me. I definitely was not sure how dad would take this, and I had never taken a child under my own care before. This kid needed someone, and there was no telling what he had been through in that orphanage. I had to take care of him. To ease my own concern and his own safety, I took him back to where I lived and laid him down on my bed, placing a kiss on his cheek.

  I wrapped the covers around him and thought about what I was going to do. The second Dad saw him, I knew he would jump to conclusions. Maybe Bruce had an answer for this one.
  I did not let Bruce know why I needed him to come, but I could read the look he gave me when he arrived.

  I rolled my eyes and explained to him,"Bruce, he is not my child and I found him on his own tonight. He was being assaulted by some guys from his orphanage. No one has even said anything about a missing boy yet, so I doubt anyone cares that he is out on his own. I am not sure what to do. What do I do?"

  Bruce walked over to my bed and examined the boy's wounds.

  He asked me,"You do not think this is the first time he has been on his own?"

  I shook my head and said,"No. I think he has too much experience with that. Reminds you of a certain someone, huh?"

  Bruce looked over at me for a minute and then back at the boy saying,"I think you should take care of him. Keep him here. He may be able to tell you somethings about who else has hurt him. He will need someone, and it may as well be you right now."

  I agreed with Bruce, and he explained everything to my father.

  A COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER...

  Y/N had come to grow on me like a younger brother. He had gotten much better since I saved him, and I was glad that I did save him. There were times where I would tell him bedtime stories and kiss him on the forehead goodnight, and then others where we would have tickle fights.
  When Y/N finally got old enough, I took him on missions with me, and he loved it when we took selfies together in the middle of fights. It annoyed me at first, but then I was glad he was just having a good time. It felt nice to have family out in the field with me.