Clark Kent x Reader

Dedicated to tinarocksdabeat

Up next: Poison Ivy x Male Reader

Later: Conner Kent x Reader

   CLARK'S POV

  Somehow, I managed to get my close friend, Y/N, to join me at a conference held for new LexCorp equipment. It appeared that Lex wasn't done with his schemes, yet the equipment seemed to be winning over the authorities.
  Given the look across Y/N's face, she was just as confused as I was. Lex had to have paid off someone because the equipment definitely appeared to be dangerous.

  Y/N rolled her eyes and said,"I can't believe they're actually buying this! Clark, you have to do something! Cause a distraction!"

  I chuckled and replied,"Y/N, it's just a press conference. I'm sure he won't actually use the weapon in this room full of people. If he does, I'll stop it from hurting anyone."

  Y/N smiled and nodded saying,"Good. You're a good man, Clark. Why aren't there many men like you? They all have been jerks to me. At least, the ones I've been around."

  Y/N choked on her drink and I gently hit her back a couple of times, before she said,"T...Thanks, Kent. I could have died."

  I replied,"There's no way I'd let that happen, sweetheart. No way."

  Jimmy ran over to Y/N and I, before he asked me,"Clark, can I borrow Y/N for a couple of minutes?"

  I nodded, and Y/N put her hand over her heart saying,"I'll miss you, Clark."

  I smiled at Y/N saying,"I'll miss you, too, Y/N. Be careful. Watch where you're walking. You get distracted easily."

  The second Y/N heard about food, she tripped over someone's foot and Jimmy caught her. She tried to play it off, and I laughed a little. Y/N pouted and hurried after Jimmy.
  As much as I enjoyed being close friends with Y/N, I wanted to be together. I had feelings for her, and they had been there ever since high school. I just...never really knew how to confess it to her. Every single time I worked up the courage, someone else beat me to it. Hopefully, today could be my lucky day.

   Y/N'S POV

  Jimmy led me to Lois, and Lois asked me,"Did you tell Clark yet?"

  I groaned and said,"About what? Lois! You brought Jimmy to come get me for this?"

  Lois nodded, and I sighed saying,"No, I haven't told Clark."

  Jimmy said,"Tell him then. Or are you too scared, Y/N?"

  I replied,"I'm not scared, just trying to weigh the possibilities of what Clark would say."

  Jimmy then said,"If you don't tell him, then I'll do it for you!"

  I stopped Jimmy from rushing towards Clark and ran up to Clark.

  Clark noticed I was out of breath and kept me from falling.

  I said,"I really need to exercise. Anyway, Clark, I really like you, and I want to know how you feel! Tell me now, Kent!"

  Clark held his ear and answered,"Why are you yelling at me? I can hear you. I like you, too, Y/N. I have since high school, if I can be honest. I always missed my chance, and I'm glad you said something. I was just about to ask how you felt about me."

  I didn't know whether to hug or kiss him, so I just hugged him tightly.

  Clark returned my hug, and I mumbled,"This feels really nice."

  Clark replied,"It does feel nice. Get used to it, because I love hugging you."