Barry Allen x Reader

IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE NOT CAUGHT UP ON THE FLASH, DON'T READ!! If you have, please read this. Anyway, I know Julian is not on The Flash anymore, but I still added him in there anyway.

What do you all think of Season 4 so far? I don't know about you all, but I'm ready for a West-Allen wedding.

Up next: Nightwing x Reader

Later: Injustice 2 Firestorm x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I sighed, as I made my way into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and got ready for work. I jogged down the stairs and fixed myself some cereal, before I sat down at the kitchen table and began to eat my cereal.
  My phone vibrated, and I received a text from Joe. Normally, Joe would text me to make sure I had risen to go to work, but this time he asked me how I was doing. I texted him back, sighing in the process, beginning to think back on what happened a few weeks ago.

  Barry returned into the Speed Force, after everything that happened between Savitar, Caitlin, Julian, Grodd, and Flashpoint. Since I was the one that took Savitar's life, the Speed Force needed an occupant to take his place.
  Barry did what he does best and took Savitar's place in the Speed Force.
It hurt badly, and I felt like my whole world was taken away from me with not having Barry here with me. I finished eating my cereal, before I headed outside to my car and saw Joe's car beside my own.

  He got out of the car and hugged me, before I hugged him back.

  He rubbed my back saying,"Everything will turn out okay, Y/N. Come on, let me take you to work. No, no. Do not worry about paying me back, because you are family to me."

  I smiled and nodded, before I sat in the passenger seat. Joe took the driver's seat. He backed out of my driveway and drove us to CCPD.

  While we were on the way there, I looked down at my engagement ring and Joe said,"Thinking about Barry?"

  I nodded and asked Joe surprised,"How did you know I was thinking about him? I could have just been looking at the ring, because it is a nice ring."

  Joe chuckled and said,"Uh huh. When you think about Barry, your eyes get a little wide and your smile gets brighter. Do you not know who raised you as their own? How many times did you trip down the stairs?"

  I blushed in embarrassment and said,"Joe...Fine, I was thinking about Barry. I miss him terribly. Joe, did he really have to go back?"

  I noticed we were almost there, but Joe sighed saying,"I miss him, too, honey, but yes, he had to go. I will never understand all this time travel stuff, but Barry does. We have to trust his decision, even if we have no idea why he did it. I know it is hard, but you are always welcome to come back home and live with me until he comes back."

  I put my hand on Joe's arm and smiled saying,"I might just take you up on that offer. I just hope you know who does not talk to me today."

  Joe stopped the car and turned to me asking,"What's his name? Do I know him? Y/N, I will gladly speak to him."

  I giggled and kissed Joe's cheek saying,"Ever the father I needed in my life, but Joe I promise that it is fine. He annoys me a little, but he knows Barry and I are engaged. Looks like we are here. See ya for lunch, right?"

  Joe nodded and I got out of the car, before I walked with Joe inside. We greeted the Captain, before I headed up the stairs and into Barry's lab.

  I noticed Julian was in here, so I greeted him saying,"Hey, Julian."

  Julian turned and saw me, before he smiled and said,"Hey, Y/N. How are you feeling?"

  I sighed saying,"I have been good. You?"

  Julian motioned towards Barry's desk, before I sat down in Barry's chair. With that, I continued my conversation with Julian.

  After a while, I just got to work on a case that Barry was supposed to be working on, before Julian broke the silence saying,"Look, love, I know you are upset, but trust me, Barry will be back and he would not want to see you like this. I do not want to see you like this. You are my friend, Y/N, practically family with how much we are around each other, but it has not always been that way."

  I chuckled and smirked saying,"Yeah, I hated you. I thought you were a complete jerk. No offense."

  Julian smiled saying,"None taken, Y/N. None taken. I am sure Allen is all right."

  I nodded and thanked Julian, before I smiled at the picture that the team and I took a few months ago. Joe ran into my office, and I immediately stood up.

  I worriedly asked him,"Joe, is everything okay? What happened? Are you hurt?"

  Joe shook his head and sent me a smile, before he said,"Follow me. I promise to make sure you do not fall down the stairs. Piggyback ride?"

  I squealed and jumped on Joe's back, before he carried me down the stairs and set me down on my feet. I looked around and saw nothing, before I turned and noticed Joe was gone. I frowned and turned, before I saw Flash standing about a few feet away from me.

  Tears formed in my eyes, while I thought to myself,"I really need to get some more sleep and get it together. There is no way Flash is here. He...he's gone."

  I slowly walked up to him, but I was afraid to take the final step. The gap between us not too far apart.

  Flash took a step forward and rested his hand on my face, before he said,"Hey. Baby, it is me."

  I shook my head and tears fell down my face, before I began to cry saying,"You...you are still i...in the Speed F...Force. T...There is n...no w...way you are h...here."

  Flash's hand left my face, before he slowly removed his mask. It was Barry. Barry pulled me close, but I failed to realize there were tears in his eyes as well.
  I immediately kissed him, while Barry pulled me even closer and leaned more into the kiss. I was afraid to let go, but only because I feared that this was all in my head.

  Barry was the one to break the kiss, and I tightly hugged his waist.

  Barry hugged back and kissed my hair saying,"I missed you, too, Y/N. I missed you, too."

  Barry pulled away from the hug, before I stood back and let Joe get a chance to speak with his son. Once Joe was done, he put his hand on my shoulder and headed on home. Barry looked back at me and pulled me back in for a hug, before I hugged him back and never wanted Barry to leave again.