Zoom x Reader Part 1

Dedicated to KindredxSpirits.

Inside Info: For those who are not familiar with The Flash, this Zoom x Reader Part 1 takes place during the 2nd season of The Flash. The reason why Barry and the Reader are referring to Zoom as "Jay or Jay Garrick" is because this was before they discovered that he had been lying to them and his name wasn't even Jay Garrick. Hopefully, that helps.

Up next: Questionnaire

Later: Bart Allen x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  Luckily for me, I was the youngest daughter of the West family. Dad was clueless about Wally and my existence, because Mom never really told him and I understood his shock at seeing us for the first time.
  Our first time seeing each other was awkward, but I became overwhelmed and happy. So overwhelmed that I burst into tears, because I finally had a father figure in my life. Wally's expression was pretty basic compared to mine.

  Right now, it was in my schedule to meet Barry at CCPD. Barry did not tell me much, besides from the fact that he needed to talk to me about something. I always grew nervous about words like those, because you never knew how the conversation was going to go.
  Once I made it up to Barry's lab, I spotted him sitting down and speeding through some papers. I watched in awe, because his powers still amazed me to this day. I would not even know what to do if I had his speed.

  I cleared my throat, to which Barry looked up at me and smiled.

  I smiled back at Barry and sat down in his chair, then I said,"Well, Allen, what did you need to talk to me about?"

  Barry chuckled and crossed his arms saying,"I hear Joe in there somewhere. Anyway, you may want to sit still and pay attention for this."

  I nodded and found it hard to get comfortable in Barry's chair. I kept trying to get a feel for the right spot, until I just gave up.
  Barry stood there with an amused expression mixed with a serious look on his face. I took that as a sign that this talk really was important and made sure I was listening.

  Barry asked me,"Does the name Jay Garrick sound familiar to you?"

  I jumped a little at the name but blushed at it, too.

  I was sure that answered Barry's question, because he sighed and took a deep breath saying,"The reason I am asking you this is because I know you care about him, but he is not who you think he is. Y/N, he is...Zoom."

  I did not know what caused me to do this, but I just started laughing and Barry looked at me confused.

  I got up and smiled at Barry saying,"Nice joke, Bar, but I am sure you have gotten him mixed up with someone else. I know you did not trust him at first, but he is not Zoom. He cannot be. Jay is sweet and one of the most helpful guys I have ever met."

  I went to walk out, but Barry grabbed my arm and honestly said,"Y/N, I am serious. He really is Zoom, and I am just trying to stop you from getting hurt, too. You are my family now, and I can not let him take you, too. You have to believe me. Here, sit down."

  I did as I was told and sat back down in Barry's chair. Since I was a visual person, Barry had to physically show me what he was trying to explain to me. How was he going to do that?

  Barry stood in front of me and started saying,"I know a part of you loves him, Y/N, but he is not on our side. You remember how Jay was dying right? He needed a cure to heal him and make him get his speed back."