Zatanna x Male Reader

Dedicated to Kart30th.

Up next: Damian Wayne x Reader Part 1

Later: Bat-family x Requested Reader

Inside info: This does take place during the 1st season of Young Justice. Whenever Robin is mentioned, I am referring to Dick Grayson. NOT Tim. I had to clarify that, in case someone mixed it up. I am ready for Young Justice to come back on. Which character are you guys most excited to see again?

   Y/N'S POV

  What would it take for Z to notice me? I mean, Robin was a great guy, but I was the one who spent months trying to cheer her up after what happened to her father. I tried getting advice from Robin, which was a mistake.
  I did not realize he had feelings for her, until I overheard him talking to Wally. After hearing that, I knew that he would probably just try to talk me out of confessing my feelings to Zatanna.

  Speaking of Z, I saw her talking to Artemis. Artemis spotted me and sent me a nod, before I nodded back to her. Z turned and saw me. She sent me that gorgeous smile of hers, and I smiled back.

  Zatanna made her way over to me and hugged me, before I hugged her back and pulled away from the hug asking,"Is everything okay?"

  Zatanna nodded and said,"Fine. You just looked like you needed a hug."

  I smiled and said,"You do too."

  Z looked at me confused, and I realized what I just said to her.

  I sighed and quickly apologized to Zatanna.

  She waved it off and said,"Y/N, it's fine. I understand that everyone is worried about me right now, but I am fine. I do think it is very adorable that you are worried."

  Z blushed and I did, too.

  Zatanna just looked down at her shoes, before she looked back up at me and I just did the same to her. I noticed Z seemed like she was waiting for me to say something, before I figured this could be my chance to ask her out.

  I took a deep breath and said,"Z, would you like to umm..."

  Zatanna laughed and put her hand over mine saying,"Don't be afraid, Y/N. Just ask me what you want to ask me. No, I am not with Robin."

  I let out a sigh of relief, which made Z smile at me.

  I smiled back at Z and asked her,"Would you join me for dinner later?"

  Zatanna nodded and kissed my cheek saying,"I would be honored. Where should I meet you?"

  I smiled and said,"Where we first met. Be there by 7."

  Zatanna smiled and kissed my cheek one more time, before she left to get ready for our date or dinner. I hoped it sounded like this was a date, but I would take whatever I could get. I headed towards my room and felt someone watching me. Robin...

  I rolled my eyes and said,"Shouldn't you be back in Gotham?"

  Robin laughed saying,"No, but you should be in Arkham. I know what you did, Y/N."

  I just ignored Robin and closed my door behind me, getting ready for my date with Z. When I was done, I headed out the door and stopped by Rocket's room. I knocked on her door, and she crossed her arms.

  I laughed and said,"I appreciate this and thank you. Did you get everything?"

  Rocket just smiled and nodded, before she handed me a bouquet of flowers and Z's favorite chocolate.

  I hugged Rocket in thank you, before she said,"One thing: Don't hurt her, Y/N, or your butt will get kicked. Oh, and invite me to the wedding!!"

  I laughed and Rocket laughed, too, before she headed back in her room. I made my way to where I first met Z which was the beach in front of Mount Justice.
  I spotted Z standing by the water and my jaw dropped at the sight before me. She looked amazing, and I felt even more nervous about that.

  Z saw me and smiled, before I handed her the flowers and chocolates.

  Z blushed and said,"You are so sweet, Y/N. I love the flowers and the candy. Rocket did this, didn't she?"

  I nodded and sighed, before Z made me look at her and said,"That makes me even more happy that I am here with you. You were nice enough to actually make me feel better, and I can appreciate that. Y/N, I...I love you."

  I was shocked, because I did not expect Z to actually feel the same way about me. I knew she agreed to this, but it could have been to just do it.

  I smiled back at her and leaned in saying,"I love you, too, Z."

  Zatanna smiled and kissed me passionately, before I kissed back and pulled her closer.
  Z held on for a while, until I slowly pulled away from the kiss.

  I asked her,"Are you hungry?"

  Z quickly nodded and I laughed, before I wrapped an arm around her saying,"I have something to fix that. Hey, Z?"

  Zatanna hmmed in response, before I kissed her hand saying,"I will always be here to make you smile. I know I may not be the best-looking guy here, but I will do anything to make sure you are okay."

  Zatanna smiled and kissed me again, before I led her towards the real date.