Bruce Wayne x Reader

Dedicated to HonestlyCant

Inside Info: This Bruce Wayne x Reader takes place during Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Up next: Hal Jordan x Reader

Later: Bruce Wayne x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  "Bruce, you do realize that this isn't Clark's fault, right?"

  Bruce just continued to do what he was currently doing, and I sighed saying,"You always have a right to your own opinion, Bruce, and I get that, but this is insane. Clark didn't know that Zod was going to try to destroy everything. Bring Krypton here. You have to know that isn't something someone intentionally does."

  Bruce sighed and looked down at me saying,"Y/N, I love you so much, but you're just trying to defend your brother. While I can respect that, I am also doing what's right for the world."

  I rolled my eyes and replied,"Sure, you are. If you really loved me, you would stand down and try to talk to Clark. If you really loved me, you would listen to every word that comes out of my mouth. Hey, I know you can't do that, so I'm gonna go. By the way, I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you, Clark will crush you."

  Bruce looked so mad, and I wanted him to feel how I felt every single time he ignored me. He only acted like he was listening to me. I hated when men did that. It annoyed me so much.
  Bruce had to understand that I wasn't asking him to give up his cape and cowl. That was a part of him, but I simply wanted him to realize that everything was not Clark's own doing.

  Speaking of Clark, I needed to check on him. When I called him, he did not answer his phone, and that was what I was afraid of. I immediately rushed over to Lois' place, but Clark was not there either.

  Lois noticed my concern for my brother and rested her hand on my shoulder saying,"It'll be all right, Y/N. I'm sure Clark's fine. We just have to let him have his space. I'm worried about him, too, but at least stay here. This may be one of the first places he returns to."

  I nodded and sighed sitting down next to Lois.

  She asked me,"What's bothering you?"

  I said,"Bruce. I really love him, but he just makes me so mad sometimes. He won't listen to a word I say, and I'm always wrong, when it comes to giving my own opinion. These last few weeks have been a good example of that. I just don't know what to do."

  Lois said to me,"Well, sometimes that is the beauty of it all. You don't always know why your significant other thinks the way they do, but are you willing to still deal with Bruce?"

  I thought about it and replied,"Yes, but...I just don't want him and Clark to fight each other. I need them to agree. It really upsets me, and I want to tell Bruce. He just won't understand. He's only seeing one road right now, and it is not the one I'm on."

  Lois took my hand and held it, while she explained to me,"You do have a few different options for what you could do, but then again, you are not the best at showing how you feel. Bruce may not know this is hurting you so much. No offense, but you tend to lash out and just say whatever you're feeling at the moment on people. You did it to me a couple of times. That's how you are, but maybe Bruce truly is trying to understand he just does not know what goes on in that head of yours."

  I knew Lois was right, because I did tend to get mad at Bruce and act on my first instinct. From where Bruce was standing, maybe he truly did think he was right. However, I don't let him in that much. That was a problem.

  Lois' phone went off, and she said,"It's Clark. I'll let him know you're here."

  I thanked Lois, and I prayed that Clark was all right. Someone cleared their throat, and it was Bruce.

  Bruce walked up to me and said,"You told me that if I really loved you, I would listen, so I'm here to listen."

  I smiled at Bruce and asked him,"Just like that? You're not going to yell at me or go find Clark?"

  Bruce shook his head and kissed my cheek, before he sat down on the sofa. Lois noticed him, but she just walked back out of the room.

  Bruce motioned for me to talk to him, and I admitted to him,"Bruce, you're a great boyfriend, and you always do everything I ask of you, but I just want Clark and you to be on the same page. Clark may be my adopted brother, but he really treats me like his actual sibling. I cherish that, so I don't want to see him hurt. At the same time, I do love you and I don't want that to happen to you either. You're both so special and any woman would be lucky to have either one of you in her life, but I just happen to have both of you in my own. Please just hear me out and understand that I don't mean to be distant or not forthcoming with you, yet it happens. I'm sorry about that, Bruce. I mean to tell you how I truly feel, yet I'm just not good at it. It may be why you don't understand if I'm really upset with you or not, and I deeply apologize."

  Bruce just smiled up at me, and I wasn't certain on whether he was about to go all Batman on me, or whether the smile was a good thing.

  He chuckled and said,"You know how long I've been wanting you to open up to me like you just did? I want to be upset about what you said about Clark beating me, but I just can't. Not when you just truly expressed how you felt. I'm proud you're my girlfriend. I truly am."

  I hugged Bruce, and Bruce hugged me back. He tried his best to keep himself from falling off the sofa.

  He said to me,"You still want to be my girlfriend, don't you?"

  I pecked his lips and replied,"Of course, Bats. I'll promise to work on talking to you instead of keeping everything in. Also, not to lash out on you."

  Bruce moved my hair out of my face and said,"Good, and I promise you that I will work on not going after your brother. I will try to work things out between me and him."

  Amazingly, Bruce did keep his word, and I kept my own.