"would you,um,like something to drink. . .or eat?",i asked nervously. sighing,he shook his head and got up from the individual couch he was sitting on,walking over and crouching down on his knees before me.

"what-",he cut me off by placing his hand on my own knee,preventing me from standing up.

"y/n,",he said in an apologetic voice. "i'm sorry,i'm sorry for all of it. i didn't mean a single syllable that i said back at the studio. i was just--tired,that's all. continuous and long recording hours are sort of stressing me out,and i'd finished three songs just today,the chords and lyrics. so i guess the accident that happened back there,just boosted the stress. but that was no excuse for me to behave that way,to say those words to you. i just want you to know that i'm really very sorry for doing that."

biting down at my lip,i couldn't help but reply softly and almost immediately,"so it was--i. . .i ruined three songs?" guilt towered over me as the thought of spilling my carelessness over his hard work dawned upon me.

"no,no!",he shook his head,"you didn't ruin anything,my team helped me write down the lyrics quickly before the words washed away,aelin helped with the chords as well."

whatever little relief and happiness i felt when he said that he'd gotten the lyrics back,drained away when he mentioned aelin.

my shoulders deflated as i spoke,"oh yeah. . .aelin." he was about to say something,but i beat him to it,"you've got nothing,and i repeat--nothing to be sorry for. anyone would have reacted that way,i would have too. and it was totally my fault,i got the drinks all over the papers. i caused the mess,and i'm sorry. i really,really am."

he gave me a gentle smile,"i'm way past that."

"and. . .i'm also sorry for uh,stepping over your time with aelin.",i spoke as i fiddled with my fingers. he furrowed his brows,"what are you talking about?"

"i mean i sort of crashed your alone time with her--you know how clumsy i am. she's really pretty by the way,definitely perfect for you. you two do make a very nice couple--",i babbled on.

"y/n.",a stern voice stopped me.

i peeked at him,"mhm?"

"aelin and i are not together.",he announced. i processed his words slowly,comprehending each syllable after which i blurted,"you're not?"

he chuckled,"no,she was just here because she was called up to appear in my latest music video."

feeling embarrassed for assuming a close relation between the two,i stayed silent with burning red cheeks.

"oh.",i sighed of relief.

"why'd you think so anyway?",he chuckled again,flashing me a toothy smile later. "i--um,just a guess?",i shrugged sheepishly.

"well,you got it wrong.",he grinned. "besides,i have my eyes set for someone already."

that caught my attention. "you do?"

he nodded,"yep. and she's different,kind of like everything i'll ever need. for all i know,she's the only fool that can put up with an idiot like me. clumsy as she is,just as beautiful too. inside-out. eats with crumbs of food around her mouth,can't walk straight in heels,cries at animated movies,loves fantasy,talks with her mouth full,babbles about stuff no one either understands or knows. summing it all up,she's the fool with mischief stacked up her back,who hasn't met this idiot."

the way he was talking about her,how he zoned out as if he was visualising and living each word he spoke,leaning on his palm as his eyes wandered off in admiration of the girl he was so deeply magnetised to.

"she sounds. . .perfect.",i stared at him.

"she is,to me.",he smiled,then looking at me. "that reminds me,",he then stood up and walked over to the table. picking up big brown paper bag,he left it behind and walked back and sat down on the carpeted floor.

"starbucks?",he grinned with two plastic cups in his hands. smirking,i grabbed mine out of his hand as he sat comfortably with his head next to my knee,shoulders brushing my bare legs as his back rested against the couch.

"i told the guy at the counter johnny,and the idiot wrote bonny.",he grunted before sipping his coffee. with a giggle,i glanced down to check if he'd gotten my name right or not.

but the words scribbled down in black ink knocked the air out of my lungs and left me hanging.

be my fool?

tearing my gaze from the cup,i looked at johnny who was adorably fiddling with the straw of his own cup. gulping,i put a hand on his shoulder,grabbing his attention.

he looked at me,and by seeing the expression on my face,one mixed with joy and confusion,he took my hand in his and opened his mouth.

"you,y/n,you're the fool. i'm the idiot. and i want nothing but to listen to your babbling,to wipe off the corners of your mouth when you get something on it accidentally,to write silly and sappy love songs about you,to have my arm wrapped around you when you cry at animated movies,to take lazy walks after midnight with you,to listen to your fantasies and so much more."

i was left awed.

"so,be the fool to my idiot?",he smiled sheepishly.

as an answer,i slid down next to him. putting aside my cup,i laced my fingers with his and rested my head on his shoulder.

an unsaid yes,he understood.

rubbing the back of my palm with his thumb,i could feel his lips moving as they lay on my hair.

"i read the letter. i got it dried and after a good load of minutes,i read through the blotched words and let's just say,everyone at the studio complained about how i was being loud and panicky. i saw the cup too,what a creative way,cheesy munchkin.",he teased,his voice turning mischievous from soft.

"mm,shut up! i knew i shouldn't have written it,",i groaned and buried my face in his chest.

the sound of his chuckle made me smile as i looked up at him. "aw come on,it was adorable. at least now i know where you use those movies,",he teased with a chuckle as i pinched him.

"hey,",he hummed. "hmm?",i looked at him as he played with our intertwined hands. glancing down at me,i gulped nervously at the way he was looking at me.

he looked,admired.

licking his lips,he leaned down and murmured a dangerously low,"may i?"

when i distractedly nodded,his lips landed softly on mine,taking lead as i tried to calm the zoo veining through my whole body.

"i love you."