198

"Get us out of here!" Bailey shouted. 

Magar banked hard to the left, but was greeted with the sight of the other three dragons coming down on her from above. Out of panic, she turned and dove down, flying right at the mass of soldiers perched on the cliffs edge. The three dragons were then joined by the fourth, but none of them shot fire at us, nor did the rider make any attempt to attack us himself. The most they did was force Magar down to the same level as the cliff.

"What the hell is going on?!" Amy exclaimed in frustration.

As Magar neared the cliffs edge, a series of nets that looked to be made of thick chains suddenly came flying at her. Impulsively, she shot them down in flames, before strafing part of the cliffs edge as she flew by. 

"What the hell? Were those nets?!" Tahli shouted.

"Looked like it. They're trying to bring her down without killing her. They baited us into a trap." I replied.

The four dragons behind us presented no real threat to us, but they prevented Magar from breaking away from the cliff and escaping, so the four of us used the last arrows we had trying to take them down, but to no avail.

"Shit! Now what the hell do we do?!" Bailey shouted in panic.

"NET!" Amy shouted.

I looked to the right to see an enormous net flying right at us from the cliffs edge. Magar was slow to respond however, and before she could dodge it, the net wrapped itself around her right leg. While this didn't slow her down, it distracted her just long enough for another net to come flying at her without her spotting it. 

I waved my hands in front of my face out of instinct as the net wrapped itself around Magar's right wing, causing her to cry out in panic as she desperately tried to shake it off of her. Several more nets wrapped themselves around her tail and head, effectively covering her eyes as she struggled to keep in the air. But, after only a moment, she started to drop down the side of the cliff.

"Hang on! We're going down!" I shouted as I hunched down.

Magar screeched in panic as she began to drop, before she crashed into the cliffs edge, along with hundreds of soldiers, causing the cliffs edge to fall apart and follow her to the ground. I held on for my life until I felt Magar hit the ground, sliding across it as she began to flip over, throwing the four of us to the ground as she came to rest on her belly. 

I shook my head, somewhat shaken up from the fall. As I stood to my feet, I turned to see Magar laying defeat on her side, with dozens of nets entangled in her claws and binding her jaws together. It wasn't hard to see that the fall had left her seriously hurt. She had dozens of gashes along her underside, as well as blood dripping from her mouth. I started towards her before I was pushed to the ground and flipped over, greet with the sight of guns in my face.

"Don't shoot! We were told to deliver them alive!" One soldier shouted. 

Not a moment later, Bailey, Amy and Tahli were tossed to the ground next to me as we were surrounded by soldiers. Tahli and Amy had blank looks on there faces, while Bailey's eyes were gushing tears as she looked to Magar. She briefly looked back at me as I lightly shook my head, before she jumped to her feet and made a run for her dragon.

"Bailey stop!" I shouted.

She ignored me and broke into a sprint as a soldier stepped out and brought his gun up to his shoulder.

"No! Please no!" I shouted as I broke out in tears.

The sound of the gun went off, dropping Bailey to the ground.

"What the fuck! Why! She's just a kid!" Tahli shouted before being hit on the back of the head, putting her out, followed by Amy.

The soldiers surrounding us all turned to me, with smug looks on their faces.

One soldier then stepped forward with a club held up above his head.

"We've got something special for you three. The dragon? It will be left here to die, slowly, and painfully. As for you? Well my dear, you should have killed yourself when you had the chance." 

The club fell, and everything went black.