79

I looked around at Amy, Tahli and Bailey. They looked at me, waiting for direction.

"Alright. We've got no time to loose. Tahli, Amy, get in the air and get the men moving. Bailey, you ride with me." I commanded.

Amy and Tahli nodded, then mounted their dragons and took off into the air. The two dragons screeched, roared and hissed to get the attention of the men on the forest floor below. I could see the men near the edge of the tree ling outlining the clearing begin to pack up their weapons, as well as food and covers.

"What are those big sheets for?" Bailey asked.

"Those are skins from animals. They use them to protect them selves from the rain or other harsh weather. We don't need those because we have our dragons." I replied.

Some time later, Veracon and Ragon returned. Amy and Tahli dismounted and came over to Bailey and I.

"The men are ready to move travel to the mountains. They're gathering everything they have and mounting it on their horses." Tahli said.

"Good. Let's get moving then. It will take us days to get there so we've not got any time to waste." I said.

Amy and Tahli mounted their dragons once again. They strapped all their spears and swords down, and waited for direction. I helped Bailey up Doron's wing before mounted him behind her.

"Fly."

Doron spread his wings and started towards the lake. He flapped his wings and took to the air, with Veracon and Ragon close behind. We took off and started up towards the clouds. I looked down and saw the men scattered throughout the trees looking up at us, before starting to follow on horse back.

"It's going to take us a while, so get comfortable." I said to Bailey.

She silently nodded her head. We flew for hours through the mostly clear skies, with the exception of just a few clouds scattered across the endless sky. The wind was cool, moist, and comfortable. The three dragons flew wing tip to wing tip without instruction for most of the day, before finally the sun started to go down.

"We've got to land. It's getting late." I said.

"What about the guys on horses?" Bailey asked.

"They will stop when they see us land, and they know that we don't travel at night." I said.

By now we had briefly gotten out of the forest and into a wide open field made up of hills and small ponds and rivers. Many miles out in front of us was the edge of the forest.

"We'll stop here for the night." I said.

"Doron, Down."

Doron landed with a thud, with Veracon and Ragon close behind. Tahli and Amy came over to us as I helped Bailey down Doron's wing as the sun went down.

"Think we'll be there within a week?" Tahli asked.

"If we move fast, it wont take us that long." I replied.

"Hopefully the men you sent to bring the kings men to us actually manage to get the job done." Amy added.

I sighed.

"Yeah. I sure hope so."

I turned to see all the men approaching, and dismounting their horses. They retrieved the animal skins they used to cover themselves, some of them preparing small fires.

"What do we do?" Bailey asked. 

"We sleep. We've still got a long way to go." I said as I turned and started walking towards Doron.

Doron raised his wing for the two of use to crawl under. I turned to see Amy and Tahli hugging before walking over to their dragons. I crawled under Doron's wing behind Bailey. We plopped down on my back and put my hands behind my head.

"Get some sleep. I'll wake you in the morning."

By the time I said this, Bailey had already fallen fast asleep. I placed my hand on the side of her head before rolling over, and shutting my eyes.

"Jonah, you better come back." I said in a whisper.