32

We knew we needed the three dragons to grow faster, especially Veracon and Ragon. But in order for them to do so we needed a wide open space. Doron was approaching seventy feet in length, Veracon and Ragon coming up on the fifty foot mark. Soon they would be far to large to be able to take off in the small clearing surrounding the cave. Micha, Tahli and I connived in the cave.

"Okay. Well obviously we can't stay here. They are getting to big, and moving to an open space would only allow them to grow even faster." I said.

"Agreed. I think we should take everything we can and leave." Micha said in agreement.

"But where can we go? We are in the middle of a forest surrounded by a mountain range." Tahli added.

"I don't know. But we can't stay here." I said as I started to pack up supplies.

We gathered everything we had with us and took it out to the dragons who were sitting down below the cave mouth. We walked out to each of our dragons and started to figure out how to strap everything we had to each of them. We had to leave.

We started to hang bows, arrows, spears, swords, sacks of food, everything we had, on the dragons, before we mounted them and took off from the clearing, for the last time. We ascended up high above the mountain tops, scanning the ground as we flew over the forest. We flew for several hours in circles of varying sizes.

"Look! A lake!" I called out.

All three of us looked off to the right. In the distance was a lake with a huge section of open ground hundreds of feet across. Perfect. We banked right and headed for the lake. As we flew over the lake, we inspected the area. Plenty of open space, trees for fire wood, and probably animals to hunt, and a source of water.

We landed, dismounted, and stepped up to the lakes edge.

"How do we find our way to our village?" Tahli asked.

"Look at that mountain, the one with the trees on the side. That's the direction of the village." I said.

We started to unpack all our supplies from the dragons, and place them on the ground as I went off with Tahli to collect branches to make a shelter. We returned several hours later as the sun was just starting to lower, to find micha had already built a fire, with all three dragons surrounding her, forming a protective wall. We Quickly erected a small shelter just large enough for the three of us, along with a considerable amount of leaves, moss, and tons of soft grass laid under the shelter for bedding. We sat around the fire that night, looking up at the milky way that dominated the sky. The dragons looked up at the sky in aw, just like small children seeing a group of hunters returning. Their eyes lit up with the light of a million stars.

"You want to go explore?" I said to Doron.

He looked down at me, his eyes glistening from the star light reflecting off the lake.

"Fly."

Doron made a running start, followed by Veracon and Ragon. As they ascended, their silhouettes blocked out the stars as the flew over head. We looked up at them as they frolicked and decorated the sky with bursts of flame, and sang out in the night with sounds that reminded me of an angel and a demon mixing.

"This is where they will grow. They will become invincible beasts... And they will bring us justice... And bring us Vengeance." I said.