16

We sat there for a while, watching the dragons circle around over head. I was worried about the dragons having another run in with soldiers, or maybe hunters and possibly getting hurt or killed in the process.

"Jess, you okay? You look a little stressed out." Micha said.

"Ya... I'm just worried about them." I said.

"Why? What's wrong?"Micha asked.

"I'm just worried that next time the encounter a group of soldiers or hunters, they will either get hurt or killed, or someone will get away and inform the military." I said.

Micha's face changed as I said this.

"Well, it's not like you can keep them from flying around." She said.

I thought for a moment. Perhaps there was  a way to keep them from flying off if I could find chains or ropes  strong enough to keep them. I could restrain them from leaving, until they got big enough to fly longer distances, which would allow them to eliminate anyone who spotted them.

"We could always keep them on the ground." I said.

"How would you do that?" Micha asked.

"I'm not sure... I would need chains that could hold them. If I could find some, I could keep them on the ground as they grow." I said.

I sat there thinking about where I could find ANY chains out in the forest. The only way I could get my hands on any would be  to get into the nearest village and steal some. 

"Well... we could always look in one of the towns for some." Micha said, just as I was thinking that very thing.

"Can you read minds"? I said to Micha with a smile on my face.

"You were thinking it too?" She said back.

"Well, the nearest town isn't far, maybe a days walk there, a days walk back." She added.

"I don't think we have a choice. We're lucky we caught those soldiers, other wise the entire government and military would know about them." I said as I looked up at ragon flying over head.

We went to sleep that night earlier than usual, planning to have woken up before the sun rose to begin the walk to the nearest town. 

"Listen, we get in, find chains that can hold them, and get out. Remember, we left home for a reason."I said to Micha.

I closed my eyes to try and fall asleep, but I was shaking at the thought of my parents being killed... Knowing that could happen to us. needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night.