40

I quickly turned my attention back to the long range bows. Doron turned towards them and came around from behind, before they could train on us. I ordered Doron to burn them, which was lucky considering how spread out they were from each other. I turned back towards the front lines along with Ragon and Veracon as they moved in beside me. We knew we had to weaken the forces pounding the front lines, so we laid down a wall of fire in front of our shield wall. As the enemy soldiers slowed at the sight of the fire wall, I saw a perfect opportunity to kill of a large amount of the enemy force. The three of us dove in behind and laid down a surrounding wall of flame, then took out the several thousand men trapped withing in a matter of minutes. But that still wasn't enough, as the thousands of remaining enemy soldiers wrapped around the flames and continued to hit the shield wall with full force.

"There's to many of them!" Micha shouted.

I turned to reply, when off in the distance, I saw what looked like millions of black dots that were slowly getting larger. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as I realized what the black dots were. Jonah had clearly done his job well, as what looked like hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of men on horse back arrived, surrounding the remaining enemy soldiers. The slaughter didn't take long. After maybe an hour, more than fifty-thousand of the kings soldiers had been killed, what remained of them was captured and brought before me, Micha, Tahli, and the three dragons and forced to their knees.

"Jessica!" Jonah said as he rode up to me on horse back.

"I see you kept your end of the deal." I replied.

"I must know, how do you manage to conger up this many men in just a few days?"

"Once we took several villages, we sent men from each village to those built around them. Within days, thousands and thousands of villages had been over taken. I said i'd bring you millions. I kept my promise."

I climbed to Dorons head, and looked out over our new army. It looked to be millions strong. People from all corners of the empire had flocked to join the fight against the king. I didn't think word could spread that quickly. Jonah and his men had split up into several groups, spreading word, sending men from newly taken villages off to spread the word even further. within days, the majority of the land had be notified of the newly devised conquest. 

But, I decided that before admiring Jonahs work, I had to deal with the survivors from the fighting. I motioned for the several hundred men to be prodded forward and forced to their knees. I looked them over, the picked one walked up to him, and put my knife to his throat.

"You're loyal to a king who would kill you for looking to him the wrong way, why?" I demanded.

The soldier said nothing as he looked down at the ground in defeat. I slit my knife across his throat and spilled his blood all over the ground.

"Kill them all!" I commanded.

All at once, hundreds of men started to drop to the ground as their throats were slit and the ground painted red with it. Just then Jonah walked up to me.

"Think that'll be enough?"

I smirked at him.

"I certainly do. In fact, I think that's plenty more than we need. Nice work." I said.

I was sure we now had an army large enough to combat the king, many millions strong, formed from the smallest villages of just three hundred, to the largest with one-hundred thousand or more, my army was massive, and it, along with the three dragons, would bring justice, vengeance, and freedom.. To our people.

Hey Everyone!

If you're enjoying this story, be sure to check out my new story "The Dragon's Bond"! It can be found on my profile page and is still in progress, updates are daily or bi-daily on average.

Enjoy!