25

"Okay, any idea where Tahli has been sent?" Micha asked the next morning as we prepared a few robins for breakfast.

"They usually don't move prisoners unless they are being sent for execution." I said in reply.

We sat and ate the small amount of meat we could get from each bird as we continued talking.

"The jails in most villages are a ways away from the town itself. We should be able to get in and out without the entire town knowing about it." I said.

We walked down to the forest floor. Micha headed over to mount Veracon.

"Micha, no. You're staying here with them." I said.

She looked at me in displeasure.

"Why? You never let me come with you. You can't protect me forever." She said.

"You're staying here. That's final. If you won't do it for me, do it for the dragons. There's no sense in putting all three of them in danger right now." I demanded.

"But don't you think it would be an easier rescue if all three dragons came to fight?" She begged.

"Micha, listen. If we take all three of them, and we loose one, the entire government will know about the other two. We would have no chance after that." I said. 

She looked down, then looked over at Veracon and Ragon.

"Fine... but you had better come back. Don't make this trip for nothing." She said.

"I will. I promise." I said as I hugged her tight.

I turned to mount Doron. I instructed him to take off, and he turned away from the cave and took to the air. Micha followed me up with her eyes until I was to far to see her anymore. I turned to look ahead in the direction we were flying. We had ascended high above the mountains, the sun still rising. I Looked down at the forest as we flew high above it. The trees were smaller than they were the last time I flew, but strangely I didn't feel like I was any higher. It felt the same. The only place I hadn't gone was above the clouds.

"Doron, up." I said.

Doron pitched up, until we breached the blanket of clouds. The clouds were pink and orange with the sunrise, now, I felt truly free. It was a whole different experience flying above the clouds.

We stayed above the clouds for a while before I sensed we were getting close to my home village. Doron pitched down, and as we descended below the clouds, I saw my home village in the distance. I knew the jail was a ways out side of town, so I circled around the village until I saw the jail far off in the distance.

"Come on, lets go." I said to Doron. He banked left and headed off towards the jail.

"Tahli you better be there." I said to myself.