124

I stood there, frozen, before I started to feel the blood dripping down my neck, before I too collapsed to the ground. I awoke moments later to see Amy wrapping a cloth around my neck.

"Jess? Are you alright?" She asked as she helped my up.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I replied.

We both looked over to the dead body laying in a pool of blood off to the side. For a moment, I couldn't believe what had transpired just moments before. We walked over to the body of the king. Amy pulled the arrows from the body before looking up at me, then pulling me in for a hug. We both cried profusely for several minutes, at one point even dropping to our knees. Doron came up behind us, blocking out the sun with his shadow. As I looked up at him, it almost seemed as if he wanted to smile while Ragon and Veracon went over to Yulion while he laid on top of the crumbling pile of bricks that had once been a proud building. They nudged at him with their snouts, but they got no response as Doron grunted at the two of them. They responded by bowing their heads slightly as the rejoined the new alpha of the world.

"We've done it Jess. We've brought freedom to the world once again. We have done it." Amy said through her tears of joy.

"Come on. Let's get away from this place forever." I said as I turned to mount Doron.

As I mounted Doron, Ragon screeched and turned away, then took off in the direction he came from. We both took off after him and flew until we saw a massive group of warriors in a circle far below, with Ragon at its center.

"Down!" I commanded.

Both dragons came down at the edge of the circle of warriors as the men moved aside to allow Amy and I through. As we approached Ragon, I noticed a struggling body on the ground.

"Tahli?" I said in shock.

"Y-Yeah. Hey. How'd it go?" She asked with a smile on her face. 

"Oh, let's just say.... We wont have to worry anymore." I said as I pulled the arrow from Tahli's shoulder and tossed it aside.

"And what of the other dragon?" She asked, referring to Yulion.

I shook my head no with a sad smile. Tahli shrugged her shoulders as Ragon moaned and clicked behind her.

"Well, enough of this, it's time to get out of here." I said.

I walked back to Doron, and grabbed hold of one of his backwards facing horns before he raised me up in front of what remained of my army.

"My brothers! This day will mark the day that the native people of this land took back what was lost to our enemies more than one-hundred years ago! You have all fought bravely, and are the very few survivors of a historical battle, who's story shall be told for all time! Go now. Return to your families, return to your lives, though you will now live them free! No suffering, no torture, no needless death and destruction. You have fought for the dragon, you have served the dragon, and you have honored the dragon!" I shouted.

The men cheered and threw embraced each other for what felt like forever, before slowly, the group of warriors disappeared behind the horizon, leaving only the three of us, and our dragons.

"Alright. Let's get out of here. We've got somewhere to be." I said as I patted Doron on the side of his jaw.

The three of us mounted our magnificent beasts, and took off in the direction of the valley that we called home.