98

I looked up to see several arrows striking flying towards us. They started striking the ground all around us, and several of them bounced off the thick scale covered skin of the dragons.

"Doron! Ragon! Fire! Now!" I screamed as I drew my bow.

Both dragons unleashed a torrent of flame, creating a temporary wall of fire between us and the soldiers. The flames rose up, obscuring our view of the attacking soldiers. Arrows continued to fly at us, which we narrowly avoided being struck by.

"Get down!" Tahli shouted.

"Here they come!" I screamed.

As the flames died down, men jumped from the horses pulling the long range bows and charged towards us. Arrows came flying towards us as the men approached, though many of them were taken out by the dragons flame as the two dragons strafed the ground with fire. I drew my bow and fired an arrow at a soldier who managed to avoid getting roasted. The soldier collapsed and rolled over, gasping and moaning as the arrow struck his throat, spilling blood out onto the ground. I backed up to stand with Doron as he continued his wall of flame, while Tahli and Amy continued with a volley of arrows raining down on the soldiers.

"Stay here! I'm going to kill these bastards up close and personal!" Jonah shouted.

He drew his sword and ran into a group of soldiers running at him. He cut into the stomach of the first soldier before slitting the throat of the second, and cutting the leg off the third man to challenge him. Before I could lend him help, a long range arrow struck the ground between Doron and Ragon.

"Fire! Now!" I screamed.

Both dragons leaped forward and stepped to the side, out of the way of the bows for the moment. The two of them burnt most of the bows before they could train themselves on the dragons. The horses pulling the bows whined and squirmed trying to escape the flames, but withing seconds they were on the ground, burning alive. Amy came to my side and pulled me out of the way as an arrow flew right past my head. I pulled an arrow back and fired it, right into the soldiers head within a second. Ragon took to the air and circled the remaining formation of soldiers, burning what remained of the bows. But before we could relax ourselves from all the excitement, more arrows came flying towards us. I looked up to see more soldiers off in the distance charging towards us, with more long range bows.

"Oh. That's just perfect." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Come on!" Amy shouted as she ran towards the approaching soldiers.

"No! Amy! Stay back!" I shouted.

Amy took down several soldiers with her bow, but before she could retreat, an arrow struck her in the upper left leg. She screamed and dropped her bow as she collapsed to the ground.

"Amy! Jonah! Help her!" I screamed.

Jonah and I hurried towards Amy while Doron roasted the remaining soldiers that were in our way, creating another temporary flaming shield.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I picked Amy up and started running back towards Doron.

"Yeah. I'm great. I've only been shot in the leg with a wooden arrow. I'm just great." She said sarcastically.

Just then, a soldier with a sword came charging at us. I dropped Amy to the ground and put my hand out to stop the soldier from swinging his sword. I grabbed hold of his throat and squeezed as hard as I could in an attempt to choke the soldier, but he managed to push me back, swinging his sword and cutting my  left arm in the process. I put my other hand around the wound as he raised his sword and prepared to swing it one last time, but before he brought his sword down, another sword jutted through his chest. I looked to the side and saw Jonah standing behind the soldier with the sword in hand. He pulled the sword to the side, spilling the organs of the soldier out onto the ground as he fell to the ground into a pool of his own blood.

"You alright?" He asked as he helped me up.

"Yeah i'm alright." I said as blood poured down my arm.

We both turned around to help Amy.

"Let's get her behind out of here."  Jonah said.

We both picked Amy up and hurried away from the fighting. Doron and Ragon were still spraying fire down on the soldiers, before a long range arrow struck Doron in the right leg. The dragon stopped breathing fire ans shrieked in pain. Ragon came to his side in an effort to help him, before two arrows struck him, one in the leg, the other in the tail. Both dragons called out desperately while trying to take off. A second arrow struck Doron in the wing, causing him to fall back to the ground.

"Doron!" I screamed while Jonah held me back from running to him.

I was prepared to see both the dragons die as I dropped to my knees with tears running down my face. The last remaining bows trained themselves on the two dragons as the struggled. Tahli knelt down beside me and put her arm around my shoulder as she held back her tears. I expected to see several arrows lodge themselves in the dragons torsos, but instead, a stream of flame came down on the bows from above and behind me and set one of the bows aflame. The four of us looked up to see Magar diving on the remaining soldiers and circling around over head. Bailey looked down at me as her dragon circled around, and gave me a smile.

"Bailey? What the hell are you doing?!" I shouted through my stumbling voice.

"Come on"! Let's get to them! They need help!" Tahli shouted.

"Jonah, stay with Amy." I said as Tahli and I stood up and started towards our dragons.

But before we got to them, I looked up to see Magar circling around to dive on two more bows. But before she could get close enough to roast them, both bows were trained on the small dragon. There was no where for it to go, but down.