109

Gerald and I locked eyes with each other as he picked up his sword from the grass. He suddenly sprinted at me before Jonah snapped his leg to the side, tripping the crazed man. Jonah pulled my dagger out of Gerald's chest and went to finish him off, but Gerald kicked Jonah in the head, knocking him back, before he turned back to me and started towards me.

"Jonah!" I screamed.

My scream woke every one, including the dragons, who all came to my aid, but were un-able to do anything without putting my life at risk as well. 

"Gerald! What the hell are you doing?" John yelled as he pulled his sword out.

"I'm doing what we must do. This sick bitch has killed so many of our own men, including my father." He said in his crazed state.

"She is only doing what is right! Can you not see through the clouds? The king is a mad man! He must be slain!" John shouted back in reply as He stepped to my side with his sword drawn.

As he finished his sentence, Hudson and Easton came to my side with their swords drawn.

"You're surrounded Gerald. Give it up." John said.

Gerald grew a disturbing grin on his face before replying.

"I would have killed you all as well in the forest, but I wasn't sure if the bitch and her lizard would spare me or not. Now, you have all served your purposes. Now, you die with the rebel you risked your lives to fight for." Gerald said.

A silence fell over the group for a second, before Gerald charged at me. Amy fired an arrow at him, but missed as he ducked under it. Jonah, Hudson, Easton and John became locked in close combat with Gerald as he swung his sword wildly. Easton fell as Gerald's sword cut into his leg, but before Gerald could finish him off, Hudson swung at him but missed as he dove to the side. Gerald turned back to face Hudson as the two clashed swords for close to a minute as Jonah and John tried to get an angle on Gerald. Suddenly, Hudson lost his focus for only a second, when Gerald plunged his sword through Hudson's chest, before pulling it out and slitting his throat. Hudson fell back as blood splattered from his throat and onto the ground. Tahi pulled me back as Bailey came to me and clung to my side while Theodore stood between us and the fighting. 

"Go for the legs dad!" Theodore shouted.

John swung his sword at Gerald, slicing his arm, causing it to gush blood out onto the grass while Jonah stabbed at him from the rear. Jonah's sword went through Gerald's right shoulder as John forced his into Gerald's left leg. The both pulled their weapons back at the same time, and Gerald fell back and landed facing the sky.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked as I went over to Jonah and John.

"Yeah. We're alright." John said.

Jonah turned John around to face him and dropped his sword, then locked eyes with John.

"Thank you." Jonah said as he reached out and shook John's hand.

John silently nodded his head for a moment, before the two of them turned to face Gerald as he bleed out on the ground.

"You do not know how much of a fool you are." Gerald said through his bloody grin.

"I'm going to finish this son of a bitch off myself." Jonah said as he picked up his sword.

"No, wait. I've got a better idea." I said as I turned to Bailey.

"Is Magar hungry?" I asked her.

She chuckled, before turning around and nodding her head at Magar while motioning for her to come forward. We all stepped aside as Gerald laughed hysterically while he banged his head on the ground, constantly chanting about the king, and his loyalty to him. 

"Enjoy, Magar." I said as I stepped back.

Magar bent her head down, and grabbed Gerald by the torso and began shaking him around until his body came apart and his organs spilled out on to the ground. Tegon flew in and snagged the mans stomach before Magar chased her off and finished off her meal.

"Well, that's done with." I said before turning to see the two men injured in the fighting.

"Hudson? Hudson!?" John pleaded as he shook the mans body back and forth in an effort to wake him.

But it was no use. Hudson had been stabbed through the chest, and his throat slit open, still gushing blood all over his body. I turned to look down at Easton who was holding his leg wound as it gushed blood out onto his hands and between his fingers.

"You'll be alright. We just need to wrap it up." I said as I moved his hands and wrapped a piece of cloth around the wound.

By now, the suns light was starting to show itself over the edge of the valley wall. Then I realized that my eyes were heavy, and my body numb, likely from the unnaturally fast pace at which I had to wake up and fight for my life.

I noticed Jonah approaching John from behind.

"You have proven your self. You have my respect. Brother." He said.