146

Several Days Later

   We had flown in the same direction for days, only stopping for rest and food. The endless traveling was starting to take a toll on my body, as well as my sanity. First spending a week traveling in search of Lucy, Jules and their group, then spending several more days flying out to the coast with a small army of twelve dragons at our backs. Early one morning, as the sun started to peek up over the horizon, I noticed a dazzling reflection jutting out from the horizons base. It became obvious that I was looking at the suns reflection on water. The water of the ocean.

"There it is." I said to myself.

I scanned the surface of the water, looking for the ships that I had anticipated the sight of, but saw nothing. Doron panned his head back and forth in search of the ships, but he too came up short. I turned back to Bailey as she flew along side me, slightly to the rear, and put up my hands in confusion. Just then, Temano came up on Doron's right side, with Jules waving at me and pointing down at the water before the dragon started dropping towards it, with Jules clinging to her back.

"Down." 

Doron reluctantly followed the much smaller dragon, with the rest of the group following us down towards the waves. Just before hitting the water, Temano levelled out and flew just above the waters surface, hugging the edges of the massive cliff faces that made up the shore line. The waves crashing against the flat rock faces created a refreshing spray that sent shivers down my back as it rained down on me from above. We flew for a while, silently along the shoreline, before up ahead, a large section of shore rock that stuck out much further than any others came into view, blocking the sight of what ever was on the other side.

"Where's she leading us?!" Bailey shouted as she flew just above Doron.

"I'm not sure! Just stay close! And if I wave you off, you turn around and leave!" I shouted in reply.

I looked ahead as Temano disappeared behind the rock face, only to re-emerge flying back towards us moments later. 

"Follow her."

Doron clumsily turned back to follow Temano, followed by the rest of the group. She frantically flew for the cliffs edge and set down on the edge of the drop off, leading down towards the ocean. One by one, we all landed beside her and came to meet Jules as she dismounted.

"What was that about?" I asked as I walked up to her.

She said nothing, and simply pointed in the direction we had just come from without a word. I turned around, and my jaw nearly dropped when I realized what I was looking at. In the distance, sailing past a large bay, was an armada of thousands of ships silhouetted against the glowing sky. As if on cue, a storm appeared to be approaching from the same direction as the ships, partially blackening out the otherwise bright orange sky. I couldn't believe what I was seeing in front of me.

"Not again." I said.