139

I watched on as Ryder kept his eyes locked on the dragon, his hand held proudly out in front of him, resting on the might beasts snout. The dragon closed its eyes for a moment before raising its head high above Ryder and letting out a bellowing roar, blood dripping down from its teeth. The female seemed hesitant to approach Ryder at first, but stayed by the males side, regardless of her fears and suspicions.

"That's.... Incredible." Jules said.

I turned to her just as she said this.

"Well then, why don't you go next?" I asked.

"I'm going as well. I'm not in the mood to wait." Mark added.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"If you wish." I replied.

Mark nodded, before starting down into the valley without a word. Jules hesitated for a moment, before she cautiously followed mark down into the valley. Ryder turned to watch as Mark confidently approached a young female dragon as she slept in the shade under an over hang of rock branching out from the valley wall. As Mark approached, the dragon propped her head up and crept out of the shade to show herself in sunlight. She was a fabulous mix of green, white and silver, scattered over her body with no real care, yet still creating a brilliant display of colours.

"You! You're mine!" Mark shouted as he  aggressively approached the young dragon at a fast pace.

The dragon growled and snapped her jaws at Mark, but Mark was far to arrogant to understand the aggressive gesture, and continued to approach her. She spread her wings in a display of size and shot fire out over Mark as he stopped suddenly, paralyzed by fear as the dragon started towards him. 

"MARK!" Lucy screamed. 

Lucy started towards the valleys edge, but I stopped her before she reached the slope leading down into the valley.

"No. She'll react the same way to you. He approached her far to aggressively. Nothing can be done to calm her now, she's out to draw blood." I explained.

Lucy grew a sad look on her face as she looked back down into the valley. Jules and Ryder watched on as Mark tripped and fell to the ground, rolling onto his back as the dragon stood over him, growling and showing her teeth. Mark cried out in panic, seconds before the Dragon spat fire down on him. Mark rolled around furiously as he burned at the tips of the dragons claws, before the dragon grabbed Mark in her jaws and shook him back and forth, ripping his limbs from his body and spilling his organs across the ground, painting the lush green grass a dark shade of red with blood. Lucy collapsed to her knees with tears streaming down her face as the dragon snapped up Mark's body parts.

"He wasn't fit to bond with a dragon.. To cruel, to selfish, to arrogant, to aggressive. His death is tragic, but let it be a lesson to the rest of you." I said.

Lucy said nothing as she whipped the tears off her cheek, before she took notice of Jules approaching the same young female that had slaughtered mark just seconds earlier.

"What's wrong with her?" Nina asked.

"She's brave. I'll give her that." Amy said.

We all watched as Jules cautiously approached the young dragon, not making any sudden moves in an attempt to avoid a similar fate to that of Mark. The dragon turned towards Jules as she approached, blood still dripping from her jaws. 

"Stay calm Jules." Lucy mumbled.

Jules dropped to her knees and looked down at the ground as the dragon hovered over her. The dragon seemed far less eager to kill than she had just moments earlier, allowing Jules to rise back to her feet.

"Come on. do it." Lucy said eagerly.

Jules stood face to face with the dragon for what felt like a lifetime before slowly reaching her hand out in front of the dragon and turning her head away, seemingly expecting to be torn apart. But the dragon didn't attack, instead she lowered her head towards Jules while folding her wings up towards her sides. Jules reacted with shook when she felt the dragons head press up against her head. She turned towards me, looking for direction. I simply nodded my head silently and half grinned at her. She looked back to her dragon, caressing her lower jaw as the rest of the group mumbled back and forth between each other. Suddenly, Lucy and the others started towards the slope leading down into the valley all at once.

"What are you all doing?" I asked Lucy.

"We're going to fulfill our destiny." She replied.