18

I walked for what felt like a lifetime. The forest was dark, quiet, and terrifying. I didn't have anything to guide me except a small torch I had, but I didn't think It would last me the night, which, to my surprise, it did. Around half way through the night, I heard a noise from somewhere behind me. I froze, but then continued on in the direction of the cave at a faster pace. The cart was the only thing making any noise most of the night except for a few odd sounds from somewhere in the forest. I continued on until the sun started to pop up behind me. Not long after the sun came up, the cave came into view through the trees.

I approached the cave, I was very tired.I Hadn't slept in an entire day. I reached the cave, the sound over the squeaky cart wheels woke all three dragons at once, Micha was already up, sitting propped up against Ragon.

"Got a souvenir do ya?" She said as I removed the chains and started rigging them to boulders about twenty feet or so from the cave.

"Yeah.. sadly I don't think they will take kindly too it." I said while looking over my shoulder.

I pulled the chains to ensure they were secured to the rocks. I had wrapped each chain around several large boulders stuck in the ground, along with wrapping them around the other chains. The rocks were curved and twisted. No way could the chains just be slipped off.

"Okay. It's time." I said.

I walked over to Veracon casually slipped the chain over his neck, and locked the latch in place, securing the chain to his neck. Ragon and Doron turned to look at me, Micha standing behind me. 

"Micha try and keep Ragon distracted so I can get this on him." I said.

Micha started to rub Ragon on his nose, as I quickly locked the chain around his neck. He snapped back at me before he started to examine the chain running back to the rocks. I picked up the last chain, and started to walk towards Doron, who was sitting behind Veracon.

"Easy bud, just relax." I said as I slowly approached.

He snarled at me, and I froze. Michas eyes widened. He stopped snarling and I began to walk forward again. Just before I started to circle around to his neck, he stepped to the side and showed his teeth. Then before I got a chance to do anything, he spread his wings and started flapping wildly until he got off the ground.

"Doron! Doron!" Micha exclaimed. 

But there was nothing we could do. Before a moment had passed, Doron had disappeared. Veracon and Ragon started calling out to him, but they got no response. 

"Jess?" Micha said as she came to my side.

"Leave it be. There isn't anything to be done. We still have these two." I said as I turned to walk towards the cave to get some rest.

"Wake me in a bit. We need to find these two some food." I said as I returned to the cave and lay on my ledge to get some rest. Having lost one of my dragons, I wasn't sure what to do.. I just hoped he wouldn't be spotted, or we would all be in danger.