123

Doron snarled as he swayed his head back and forth, looking for a way to attack the king without killing me in the process. We locked our gazes for a moment. I could see fear, regret and sorrow building up in his glimmering eyes.

"You can do nothing dragon! One-hundred years ago, your kind won this land for myself, I certainly wont allow the same creatures kick me from my throne!" The king shouted as Doron showed his teeth.

Several soldiers attacked Doron with arrows and spears, but the dragons scales were far to thick to be dented by the soldiers futile attacks. He snarled and hissed as the soldiers surrounded me, forcing Doron to resist the urge to use his flaming breath. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest as the king pressed his blade up against my throat while chuckling under his breath.

"You can't kill me, our you'll kill your master." He said in an attempt to taunt Doron.

"Don't forget, you can't kill me, or there will be nothing to stop him from killing all of you." I said in reply to the king.

He snickered to my statement, before moving the blade slightly to the side, drawing a few drops of blood from my throat. I shut my eyes and held them as so while breathing at a high rate, fully expecting to die at any moment. The soldiers around us encircled the two of us, while more came out from the destroyed building that the king had once called home, Yulion's seemingly lifeless body laying on top of the burning mass. Doron suddenly started backing away slowly as he began the familiar clicks I had heard so many times before. Then, I heard a loud screech from the clouds.

"What was that?" The king asked, in a voice that clearly said he was afraid of what was to come.

I looked up, and was greeted with the sight of Veracon diving down on us and passing over the burning residence of the king, adding his own stream of flame to it before circling around for another pass as Doron looked up and began exchanging clicks and low grunts with him. As Veracon banked to the side and started for another pass, I noticed that Amy wasn't on his back. But before I had a chance to process this, another screech came from behind Doron. I looked to my dragon, as Ragon appeared from behind him and skillfully blasted the soldiers off to the side with fire, managing to not burn Doron or myself in the process.

"Ragon! Veracon!" I shouted as the two dragons circled over head.

As Veracon banked to the left and passed behind Doron, I noticed that Amy wasn't on his back. I had assumed that she died in the fall when Veracon was shot down in the netting. As the two dragons continued their assault of the soldiers surrounding the destroyed building, Doron remained on the ground, panning his head back and forth as the king kept his eyes locked on the dragon. I could feel the blood from the small wound on the side of my neck dripping onto the cold, sharp blade pressed up against my throat as I held my head still.

"Do you give up yet dragon?! You can't win! If you do anything to me, you will kill her as well! It is hopeless!" The king shouted to Doron.

The dragon hissed and snarled repeatedly, trying to frighten the king into letting me free, but to no avail.

"Doron! Fire! Kill him! Don't worry about me!" I shouted desperately. 

Doron roared and cried out, refusing to do as I had instructed him.

"Do it! Now!" I shouted to him.

Doron looked down at me, sadness and despair clear as the river we had lived on in his eyes. He raised his head up above the two of us, as well as the soldiers, and opened his massive mouth. I could see the glands that produced his fire flare open and start leaking the substance that creates his flaming breath. For a brief moment, the inside of his mouth lit up with orange flame before I shut my eyes, expecting to be burnt alive in the next few seconds. But, after a few seconds, I cautiously opened my eyes, and saw Doron looking around, looking confused, before turning around and looking down at the ground for a moment. He looked back to me, without making a sound as he stretched his wing out in front of him while Veracon and Ragon landed beside him.

"Doron?" I said in a confused tone as tears dripped down my face.

I stared at the three dragons for a moment, none of them making any obvious moves. Then, out of the silence, Doron lifted his wing just off the ground, and within a second, I saw something flying at me through my blurred vision I had due to the tears. Then I felt a thud, before the blade fell away from my throat and the grip that held me captive loosened. I turned around to see the king stumbling back wards with an arrow lodged in his shoulder. I turned to look at the dragons while they looked down on me and saw Amy standing in front of Doron with an arrow drawn and aimed at the king. She let the arrow fly, and it hit its mark. Striking the king in the chest merely a second after she released it. The king looked over at me with a look of anger and confusion on his face, before a third arrow struck him in the throat. The king stumbled to the side for a moment, before dropping to his knees, and toppling to the ground.