122

He stepped forward, with all of his guards at his back with their weapons drawn as several long range bows were hauled through the gate by several horses, some pointed at Doron, some pointed at the sky.

"Well, well, well. Look at this. The dragon queen herself has been felled by a messily net, and her mighty dragon unable to do anything to protect her. Id it true that you hatched several others? And yet my men have taken down several of them already? Man I trained them well!" He said in a mocking tone.

He came over to me and grabbed me by the throat before tossing me to the ground. His soldiers picked me up forcefully as the king came over to me and pulled a dagger from his belt. 

"I should have killed you when I had the chance." He said as he approached me slowly.

But before he got to me, a loud screech came from up above the clouds. Everyone looked up as Yulion dove down from the clouds and rained fire upon the kings residence with several passes as Doron struggled to free himself.

"Kill it! Kill it now!" The king shouted as he ducked under the cover of shields raised up above him by soldiers. 

I ran to hide behind Doron as Yulion continued his assault on the residence, while long range bows fired up at the young dragon. As he circled over head, several arrows flew up towards him, one of them striking his wing, causing him to fall from the sky. As he fell from the air, another arrow struck the dragons chest, spilling blood from the wound and causing the dragon to shriek in pain seconds before he crashed into the burning residence of the king, destroying it as he came to rest on top of it.

"Come her bitch! We have slaughtered your army and most of your dragons, now you will watch your own dragon die! We wrapped your mighty beast in nets, leaving him useless to you. Now, I can tear your throat out without any threat from this overgrown lizard. You will watch him die, as I kill you along side him." The king shouted as he grabbed me from behind Doron, who was still struggling to free himself.

He dragged me out into the open, and put the blade to my throat. But before he finished me off, we both reacted to what was clearly the sound of something snapping. I looked behind the king as he turned his head, before picking me up, spinning me around and wrapping his arm around my throat with the blade to my head. I watched as Doron's right wing slipped free of the netting entangling it. He used his claw to slash the remaining netting, before raising his head up and letting out a loud screech before quickly locking eyes with me, then shifting his gaze over to the king and his men.

"Fire!" One of the soldiers screamed. 

Several long range bows trained to fire on Doron, but before they got their arrows off, the dragon effortlessly roasted the arrows as soldiers scrambled for their lives. Doron then returned his gaze to the king, knowing he couldn't do anything without killing me in the process.

The king chuckled to himself.

"It's just you and me, dragon."