119

"Watch out!" Amy shouted as several arrows struck the ground around us.

I turned to see seven soldiers stumbling towards us, three with bows and the others swords. The men were dripping with blood, and a few of them were limping, and one had even lost an arm. I realized the three who had bows had fired their last arrows.

"Take them!" I shouted.

Tahli and Amy ran to the soldiers with their bows drawn and pointed at the men. They dropped their weapons and fell to their knees, begging for their lives as Amy kicked one of them to the ground as he grabbed on to her leg in a futile attempt to fight back against her.

"Hold them their." I said as I approached the seven captured soldiers.

I walked up slowly to the group of soldiers as they quivered in fear. I knelt down in front of one of them and tipped his head up with my finger as he held his eyes shut, with blood dripping down his face from a wound obtained during the fighting. 

"Will you surrender your freedom and fight for me?" I asked.

He slowly opened his eyes as a disturbing grin crept across his bloody face.

"Join you? Look around! So many of your men lay dead with our arrows in their chests and their blood on our swords. You fly high above the men who fight and die for you. You are a coward. I would rather die than fight along side a cowardly whore like you." He said in an insane sounding voice.

"That can be arranged." I replied as I pulled my out dagger. 

The soldier cocked his head back and forth as he chuckled to himself  as I placed the tip of the dagger in the center of his throat at the top of his chest.

"I offer you one last chance. Make your choice." I said bluntly.

He said nothing as he shut his eyes and looked up at the sky.

"Point taken." I said.

I pushed the dagger partially into the throat of the soldier, before pulling it back out and tossing it aside. I shoved my hand into the bleeding wound as the soldier gasped for air, grabbed the tongue and tore it out, tossing it to the ground as the soldier fell to the side, his blood pooling around him. I looked to the soldier next to him, who had lost an arm in battle. I made the same off to him, but he remained silent. Not feeling like playing the waiting game, I plunged my knife into the side of the soldiers head, before pulling it out the front of the soldiers face, ripping it apart.

"Would anyone else like to speak up before greeting death?" I sound loudly.

"Your heart will be in the kings hand by the end of this day! The ki-" 

I looked up as Amy pulled a bloody dagger from the side of the soldiers neck, seconds before he collapsed to the ground.

"What about you?" I asked the next soldier in line.

He shook his head no with a dull look on his face. I went with a simple throat slit, before kicking the soldier in the chest, knocking him back.

I was irritated with the soldiers remaining silent, and decided to finish things.

"Anyone? Anyone at all?" I said to the remaining soldiers.

None of them responded, and one decided to spit at me before looking back at the ground.

"Well, you've made your choices." I said.

I turned and nodded to Amy and Tahli. They took their daggers and slit the throats of the remaining soldiers, and came over to me as the men gasped for air while the bleed to death on the ground behind us.

"That was a waste of time." I said.

"Well, enough of that. We've still got one more wall of soldiers to defeat, and these will be the toughest yet. Let's get out of here." I said.