21

Doron stopped just in front of us. His tail knocked over several trees behind him. He had grown much fast than Ragon and Veracon. He was at least twenty feet longer than the other two, much wider wings, claws, head, teeth, everything. Micha didn't move, but I approached Doron slowly. He didn't react much apart from following me in with his eyes. I stopped just below his head as he lowered it to meet me. He pressed his head up against my body, and purred loudly. Veracon and Ragon came to greet him. He started to bite at the chains restraining them.

"He wants those chains off." Micha said.

"Damn right he does." I replied.

Quickly, I removed the chains from around their necks for the first time in over a year. They embraced with Doron, and became a tangled mess of wings, legs, tails and necks as the enjoyed each others company. 

I was astounded at the size difference between Doron and the others. He was huge nect to them. I figured that with Doron around, Veracon and Ragon would be relatively safe and certainly more efficient in fighting. I decided to give the dragons a few minutes to themselves, so Micha and I went up to the cave, sat at the end and watched the dragons catch up with each other.

"He's so much bigger than them." Micha said.

"I knew that if he didn't die, he would be larger because he was flying around freely. I just didn't expect it to be that big of a difference." I said.

"He's almost to large to sleep down there with the others." Micha said.

"I wonder why he even bothered to come back... He was off doing his own thing for more than a year, why would he come back?" I asked myself out loud.

 "He must have missed us." Micha said as I stood up to walk back down to the dragons.

I approached them, and they all turned to great me. Doron towered above Veracon and Ragon, his head held up high, his blood red eyes locked on mine. I walked right up to him, and he lowered his head to my level once again.

I placed my hand on the side of his head.

"I'm glad you're back... I've been worried about you. They missed you too." I said as I motioned to Veracon and Ragon.

I patted him on the head, then turned and went back up to the cave with Micha and sat down behind her. She put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a smile, then gave me a hug.

"Well, you got your dragon back Jess." She said.

"Ya... and not a moment to soon." I replied.

"You said we would have to wait another year or so, until Veracon and Ragon were big and strong enough to ride, and to fight." She said.

She paused for a moment.

"Is he?"