20

3 Weeks Later

      I was sitting in the cave, cleaning a rabbit I had killed, when Micha came running up from tending to the dragons, calling my name.

"Jess! Jess!" She exclaimed as she came running into the cave.

"What is it?!" I replied.

"It's the dragons, I don't know what gotten into them. They're acting really odd." She said.

It was then that I came out of the trans-like state I had been in and realized both of them were screeching wildly. I hurried down to see what was wrong with them, but when I got down to the cave base, nothing was wrong. Veracon and Ragon were both screeching towards the forest at seemingly nothing.

"Micha, grab my bow for me will you?" I said to Micha.

She brought me my bow as I tried to calm them down, but they continued to pull on the chains. Veracon even tried to take off. Something neither of them had bothered to try at any point since I had chained them to the rocks.

"What's wrong with them?" Micha said over the screeches of the dragons.

"I have no idea!" I yelled over to her just as loud.

We both stepped back behind the dragons, wondering what to do to quiet them. We sat there for several minutes before the screeching started to die down. I had no idea what had gotten into them, but i was starting to get very worried. They resumed screeching. The sound was ear piercing. 

I sat there for several more minutes, before I heard a deeper screech come from somewhere in the forest. I froze, trying to determine what made it.

Then I realized what I was hearing, as I saw the outline of a dragon soaring towards us just above the trees. Micha looked over at me with a massive grin on her face, I had never seen her look so cheerful at any time before that. I must admit, I was delighted at what was happening. 

The dragon landed in front of Veracon and Ragon. They stopped screeching right away.

"Doron.."I said under my Breath.