47

Doron rested his wing on the ground for me to climb. I climbed to his head and carefully stood up until I found my balance.

"My brothers!"  I called out to the men nearest to us.

They all turned to face me as I stood and waited for their attention.

"My brothers! Steady your hearts and ease your minds! Today, we make history, today, we bring the king to his knees! Some of you will not return from this historical fight, so i'd like to leave your minds at ease! To any man who may die today, know that your glorious sacrifice will be for the family who you swore to fight to protect! Your families will be taken very well care of, regardless of whether you return or not! Gather your weapons, gather your courage, gather your integrity, and gather your ambition!" I shouted.

The men all cheered and shouted out war cries while holding their weapons above their heads. The war cries of thousands of blood thirsty men was deafening. Just then, Jonah appeared through the crowd and dropped to his knee once again.

"Ma'am, I just wanted to say, that should I die in this fight, it has been an honor and a privilege to fight for you." He said.

I smirked at him.

"It has been a pleasure to command you." I said.

He rose, bowed, and returned to his horse .

I mounted Doron once again, held up my bow as Doron roared and screeched as he spread his wings.  Doron flapped his wings and took to the air, Veracon and Ragon close behind. The men started into a sprint on horse back with their swords and spears held out in front of them, and leading the massive army was Jonah shouting out war cries.

We came up over the crest of a massive set of hills and burst through the trees.

"CHARGE!" Jonah shouted.

All three dragons spread out and pulled ahead of the charging army. Arrows came flying at us from every direction, but the just bounced off the dragons thick scales.

"Fire!" I ordered.

Doron strafed the shield wall, but more men quickly filled in the gaps. Veracon and Ragon followed suit, to the same affect. we dove in and started picking targets, roasting them with ease. Our army collided with the front lines of the kings army just as as I turned to look over at them. Arrows flying in both directions, and war cries started to turn into screams of pain as men had limbs cut off, throats slit and arrows lodged in all parts of the body. I flew low over the shield wall and observed the carnage. Hundreds and hundreds on men on both sides were dead on the battlefield, blood and organs decorated the ground. 

"Watch for long range bows!" I shouted to Micha as she flew over head.

"Got it! I'm alright!" She replied.

I formed up with Tahli and dove down to just above the ground, then Doron and Ragon let loose with a stream of intense flame. Hundreds of men screamed in pain as they collapsed to the ground engulfed in flames. 

"Target the archers!" I screamed.

Micha flew past me and swiftly roasted a large section of the archers on the front lines, but it barley put a dent in the size of the defending military. The combat was spread out for miles in both directions, I couldn't even see a point where there weren't men fighting. I snapped out of my trans like state as I looked over the sea of dead men and arrows, as Doron dove down and yet again burnt a large group of soldiers who never stood a chance.

"Easy bud, we're okay." I said to Doron as we circled over head.

Just then, an arrow flew right past Dorons wing. I looked over his side and saw a long line of long range bows being pulled up to the front lines by horses.

"Long range bows! Take them out now!" I screamed to Micha and Tahli. We all dove down and set fire to dozens of the bows, with several more still standing. 

We all flew back towards the front lines, not thinking anything of the remaining bows in order to assist in the men fighting back the shield wall. As we dove down, arrows started flying up at us from both sides. All three dragons banked hard in order to go in for another diving attack, arrows still flying at us.

"Get down! Get your head down!" I shouted to Micha and Tahli.

Tahli hugged Ragons neck to keep out of the line of arrows flying at us, but Micha sat up straight and drew her bow and arrow as we all down on the mass of archers below.

"Micha! Down!"I screamed desperately. 

I waved to get her attention, before an arrow came flying from my left, right over my head, and lodging itself in Micha' chest. 

"MICHA!" I screamed in horror. 

She fell back on Veracons back but still held on with the energy she had left. Veracon took notice of Micha sudden injury, and turned his head back to try to observe her position, without paying attention to what was ahead of him. Hey flew aimlessly, trying to keep Micha on his back.  Long range arrows started flying his way.

"Veracon!" I screamed.

But before Doron could do anything, a long range arrow flew up and lodged itself in Veracons right shoulder, causing him to shriek in pain. He turned back, struggling to flap his right wing, the arrow still lodged in his shoulder, Micha still clinging to his back. Tahli and I turned and followed close behind Veracon, signaling for a retreat as we flew over head. The men turned back one by one and galloped back through the trees as I followed Veracon closely as he cried out in pain, slowly getting lower and lower to the ground. I had lost track of the surviving men as I had gotten far ahead of them keeping pace with Veracon. 

"Micha hang on!" I yelled as Veracon neared the ground.

Veracon flapped his left wing furiously as he crashed into the ground and flipped over, sending Micha flying dozens of feet off to the side. I practically jumped off Doron, with Tahli close behind, and ran to Micha as Doron and Ragon went over to try and help Veracon. I dropped to my knee at Michas side and flipped her over, with a broken arrow lodged in her chest, covered in blood.

"Micha?"