"Thank you honey, I love you." He whispered getting comfortable, I smiled.

"I love you too, dad." I shut off the light and closed the door halfway, making my way down the hall. I heard a door shut letting me know that my mom was home. She was in her blue scrubs with a white sweater on.

"Sweetie why are you up so late?" She asked quietly, her eyes were glassy as if she was crying.

"Just got home, what's wrong?" I asked with worry, she shook her head.

"Nothing, oh come here." She wrapped her arms around me tightly as I hugged her back, slightly confused on what was happening.

"Mom is everything okay?" I questioned as she continued to rub my back, nodding.

"Yes, I just missed you today." She pulled away wiping the tears, I didn't believe her but I nodded.

"I missed you too mom, I should get to bed." She nodded as I stepped around her.

"I love you sweetheart." I turned around as she held onto the table, more tears falling.

"I love you too mom." I told her, before walking up the stairs. I could hear quiet cries coming from her, making me worry. Why was she so upset? I stepped inside my room, feeling a cold breeze. I turned on the light, seeing my balcony door open, what the hell?

"Niall?" I questioned, maybe he came into my room. I laughed to myself, it was probably just the wind. Just as I went to shut the doors, something was thrown into my room making me jump. I looked at the object seeing it was a rock with a sticky note on it.

I picked it up, taking off the note.

'Niall can't protect you from everything, darlin.' I read out loud, this has to be some kind of sick joke. Can't protect me from everything? I shook my head shutting and locking the doors, someone is messing with me. It's not Clayton or Max.

I sat on my bed, re reading the note over and over. I don't know who it could of been, I mean it's not any of Niall's friends. Not any of Luke's.

Wait.

The carnival.

That creepy guy, well I don't think it would be him. He doesn't even know me.

I sighed putting the sticky note in my organizer, deciding to forget about it and just go to bed. I changed out of today's clothes and changed into a pair of boy shorts with Niall's black t-shirt, inhaling the scent. I got in bed, turning off the light and rolled onto my side.

Something isn't right.

I rolled back over feeling as if something or someone was in my room, I laid on my back and sat in silence. The only sound was the branches hitting against my window, making me jump every five seconds. There was a thud in my closet making me let out a small shriek, I turned on my lamp terrified of what would come out.

I stood up from my bed grabbing the baseball bat that leaned against the wall, walking towards the closet slowly with it in my hand. I opened the closet door quickly, seeing nothing but a shoe box on the floor.

Stupid.

I grabbed the box, when there was something heavy in it. I furrowed my eyebrows together, opening it. The photo of Niall and I together, only their was a gun drawn onto the picture, next to Niall's head. I dropped the bat with a thud as I placed my hand over my mouth. This has to be some kind of fucking joke.

-Niall's P.O.V

"Let's place our phones on the table, and not worry about the girlfriends today." Louis told us, we all pulled out our phones and tossed them onto the table. As soon as mine landed on the table, it started buzzing with Heather's picture flashing across the screen. I went to grab it, when Louis smacked my hand.

"No! Just ignore the call." I gave him a glare as we went into the living room, sitting on the couch drinking a beer. It kept buzzing and buzzing and buzzing, I knew the guys were getting pissed.

"What the fuck is going on with her?" Harry muttered, I kicked him in the shin making him groan.

"Yeah, she's been calling for the past ten minutes." I pinched the bridge of my nose sighing, when the door of my flat swung open. Everyone stared at me with an angered look on their face.

Heather stood in the door way, with a shoe box in her hand and ticked off expression.

"Is there a reason you're not answering my calls?" She snapped.

"I told you I was having a guys day." I told her calmly, she scoffed.

"So that means ignore Heather's calls all damn day!" She yelled, I stood up walking towards her.

"Fucking stop, I don't have to answer your calls." She shoved me backwards, laughing.

"Fine! Then don't fucking answer my calls! But just to let you know, somebody is after both of us. Fuck you." She threw the brown box at me before slamming the door shut, the house becoming silent. I opened the box, seeing a picture and a sticky note.

"Niall can't protect you from everything, darlin." I read out loud, looking at the picture afterwards. With a fucking hand gun in the box.

She was right.

Someone's after both of us.

And I don't know who it is.